Wanted Simulator Feedback

our game is not longer looking for feedback.

4 Likes

Could you provide some more details?

Why are people calling your game ‘bad’ and ‘corrupted’. If they are simply bad reviews or if your game is in early alpha, I say keep working. If there is something inherently wrong with the game or idea behind it, I suggest adapting what you have or restarting.

Some specification would be great :wink:

1 Like

Updated the post. Read above to see infomation, about the game.

My question remains: what about your game is making people give negative reviews? Are the scripts broken, is the gameplay simplistic?

I think the game certainly has potential, there’s just a few bugs you should work out.

For example, the tutorial is fairly confusing and needs some work on the grammar. As well, robbing safes in houses seems to be too slow, and often doesn’t work.

I think if you touch up the grammar in the UI, make a bit better of a tutorial, and work out the bugs, it could be a nice game.

Your question is telling us whether we would want you to continue the development of the game which is a bad question. If you have numerous complaints(how’d you get them that early) then you should reask a different question saying “How can I improve?”

2 Likes

the build designs are fine. but the colors make them look really bland and boring. in all of the screenshots its just mainly different shades of grey with maybe a few random colors.

Here’s what some negative comments people have said about our game(what I can remember):

“Backpacks are ugly.”

“There is nothing fun about this game.”

“Backpacks are ugly, the parts don’t even line up.”

“The colours look bad.”

“You should create low-poly cartoon maps, kids love those.”

personally. instead of throwing all the work away completely. why not just take a week off with the team. and in that week just play simulators with them. discuss things you guys can change and do differently. im not saying just full out copy a simulator. but get inspired by some.

2 Likes

Inspirre, CHANGE THE QUESTION!!!
The question shouldn’t be whether you should QUIT development but should be changed to “How do I make my game better” as that is what your description is effectively asking.

Now since the question changed to “How can I improve”
-Act upon those feedback, “Backpacks are ugly” change the backpacks to be more better but honestly the backpacks look fine and good.

In early development, you shouldn’t be swayed by the negative feedback as that is almost inevitable in such early stages

2 Likes

Maybe think more about player retention. What will keep the player in the game and will want them to come back? I suggest lowering backpack prices and adding a few more options. Paying 750 for a backpack is a lot and it takes quite a bit of time just to get $25 in the beginning. Also, maybe a more colorful environment. Additionally, a more interactive tutorial may also work better. Seems good other than that, backpacks and gui to me seem great.

Thanks, that helps a lot.

Personally, I think you should keep up the development.

While those comments have truth in them, they are only things you can work to improve. The backpacks are rather dull, but with that change, the game will be better!

The colors are a bit dull, but you can spice it up a bit if you’d like.

I must agree with the section about low-poly. While low-poly isn’t necessary, one of my first thoughts while testing was how the map style doesn’t fit the game’s idea. Think of Jailbreak or Mad City; the map is made to accompany “realistic” robberies.

TL;DR

Take the criticism and keep working, I’ve experienced the same problem – use those as suggestions for improvement.

MY SUGGESTIONS

1. Make the map larger. This game will get boring very quickly. Make the places to rob, banks, and houses further apart.
  2. Don’t put the Bank next to the Pawn Shop – WAY too easy.
  3. Make the colors less dull. I know this was mentioned above, but when looking at the houses and buildings (viz., the roof), it looks very dull. Maybe give them a texture or different color.

Whatever you do, I wish you the best of luck! This game has potential and I can’t wait to see what you do with it. I’ll check back in from time to time :wink:

EDIT: Some models still need some work, here’s an example: RobloxScreenShot20190427_193240623%20(2)

1 Like

What I have noticed about this game, and simulators, in general, is they get repetitive and boring. Maybe you could make some sort of reward for the player. Anyway, another thing you could do would be to spice up the game, make it different from other simulators. You probably know this information, but anyway good luck with your game!

I just noticed MadNinja1004 basically said the same thing.

In short, yes, you should continue development. This game has a lot of potential in my opinion.

Yes, the game is boring right now(That is a lot of the complaints, someone straight up joined my game and said that while I was in it) but I think if you continue adding and fixing the game, it can get more fun as it goes on. Obviously, there are a few bugs right now, one of the gas pumps I cracked I didn’t get anything but those can get fixed.

Personally, I would add more things to steal/crack instead of a few things. Make loads of items you can steal, all with different values at the pawn shop. Maybe watches, TVs, IPads, antiques, those sorta things. To get to $5,000 with the few things you can steal will take a long time. One of the vaults takes around 30s to open(I don’t know how much it’s worth, it doesn’t go into my backpack I don’t know if I don’t have a big enough size or if its a bug). Maybe you could add another upgrade so you can crack vaults faster. The game where it is now is boring, but it’s not bad it just needs improvement! I have so many ideas for this that I am sure you have too. I personally say keep going and listen to the critiques. One of the negative comments was “Backpacks are ugly.”, okay so maybe replace the backpacks with duffle bags or something like that. I am personally excited to see where this ends up. Best of luck! Keep going!

3 Likes

I played the game a few days ago, I certainly think it’s different and fun in a way than other “Simulators”. I think that if you are out of “Ideas” then take a break for a few days, come back to the drawing board. There are going to be people who like it and don’t like it but, I speak for the people who do like it so far. Keep the development going, it has potential.

1 Like

Hey Inspirre!

[Disclaimer to Other Developers]
Stop being motivational and cliche, this is a space for improvement and community, not sugar coating.Be critical and constructive when people ask for suggestions because they need it to improve. Don’t waste your time or their time.

I just played the game and I’m going to tell you what you need to hear. The game is polished, but not fun. The game mechanic is not stimulating nor rewarding, it is mundane and boring.

Let me break it down:

Game Mechanic:

1. Walk to interactable object
  2. Press and hold E (Then HOPE that it doesn’t fail to crack)
  3. Go to store.
  4. Repeat.

Breakdown:

The game loop is simply not engaging, you went overboard with the clean and nice modular design, but the mechanic itselfs fails.

Suggestions:

*Add challenge to the mechanics, make it less mundane and more engaging.
EX: Obstacles, Puzzles, Quizzes

• Supplement more incentives.
    EX: Cars, Bikes, Tools to improve game experience.

• Employ more game responses.
    EX: Sounds, particles, dynamic UI.

• Show the players the rewards they might be getting so they have a reason to stay, not bore them and leave them wondering. (Incentives)

Conclusion:
“Should we continue the development of our game”

Yes, if you intend to improve the game loop and the very mechanic itself. Otherwise definitely not. You need to understand why people play simulators to begin with, it’s flashy, it has incentives, it has incredibly high amounts of content that they want to explore. To them it is incredible rewarding, your game currently lacks many of these qualities. Even if you made a game that was “cartoony / (faux) low poly” you still need to have an engaging game mechanic.

Hope you read it all and goodluck!

1 Like

I’m going to be honest:

Not a single developer above your comment was motivational and cliche in a way that overshadowed helpful comments and suggestions.

Probably the most motivational response of them all. It was supportive, kind, helpful, and gave some helpful feedback.

Responses like Negate’s and mind had their section of motivational but also useful suggestions. As you can see in my response, I split the post into two sections.

I’m not going to dictate what your past development experiences are, but I think it can be said for a lot of people that their first attempt at a game was met with bad reviews. We are taking those experiences to encourage Inspirre to continue his development of this game because we see potential through what can be fixed.

tl;dr

We aren’t being cliche, we’re being supportive and giving useful suggestions. We see potential and our suggestions are very similar to yours.

Wrote that quickly, so I apologize if it seems rude or has grammatical mistakes :wink:

1 Like

Thank you
@YoIobeans
@Minstrix
@beans_play
@NegateError
@MadNinja1004
@loertis
@SkoobiDoobiDoo
@RUPPYI
@BloodSpring
for replying to our post if we should continue the development of our game/opinions of our game.

4 Likes

The game itself is confusing. @BloodSpring’s description of the game mechanic

Gave me a much better understanding of your game over your tutorial. By taking a glimpse of the whole map, I’ve failed to even find a gas station (before three-four minutes). This quite a mile for a map that small, so I recommend giving instructions to the gas station with a red/blue beam sticking out.

The tutorial wasn’t clear to me until I found the gas station myself. It was an unclear tutorial, and I recommend re-wording it.

Tutorial

This sentence is illogical. Instead, write:
Locate the gas station, and interact with the gas tank by holding “E”, or clicking the button.

In my gameplay, a thin red beam and a thick blue beam randomly appeared. I had no clue what they were for. I walked directly beneath them, and nothing happened.

Screenshot

The red beam led me to:

An empty building.

The blue beam led me to:

The shop.

The map itself is very small and empty. There feels to be no incentive, and is repetitive. Music, gameplay, and everything about the game makes me feel like I’m in an endless loop of nothingness.

Adding multiple places to rob doesn’t really contribute either. Instead of making the same mechanic in a different appearance, fill the game with mysteries, teamwork, bosses, puzzles, conclusions, etc.

The name, “Wanted Simulator” doesn’t really fit. For a simulation, the loop isn’t entertaining. The music is very peaceful (which is ironic because the game is called “Wanted Simulator” where you rob banks).

You’ve gone too far to quit now, so I recommend making a lot of changes (changes in mechanics, tutorial, music, attractions, etc.).