Shoulder Camera

Ive looked everywhere on twitter and on youtube to get help with a shoulder camera but its just not working, i tried to edit the shift lock thing roblox has but i kept hitting dead ends and it not working right, i want a way that i can toggle it on and off whenever i need to. Thanks.

1 Like
4 Likes

You could also try searching the DevForum, since Shoulder Camera questions have been asked several times here. Try searching more than just Twitter and YouTube, because there are many available resources for you to select from.

Scripting Support is not a venue for asking for code, so please try searching or attempting to resolve the problem yourself before posting a topic.

1 Like

I mean, it is called support for a reason. :man_shrugging:

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    .* What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    …* What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
1 Like

Just change CameraOffset in the player’s humanoid

1 Like

Re-read the category guidelines and furthermore the title of the category. Yes, it is called support for a reason, not “do my work for me”.

This category is specifically for getting help on things you do not understand, not for asking for code. Questions should be posed in such a manner that asks for help on current issues, codebase issues or guidance towards something - not for getting others to spoon-feed you answers.

2 Likes

you can edit the CurrentCamera’s Offset in a local scropt when e.g. aiming. doing this with a loop will result it to smoothlyy fade into a shoulderview. ofcourse you’ll need to make the player rotate to the position you’re looking at at that point preferable using raycast for that. use a switch for the toggle

local boolean = false
function ShoulderView()
    if boolean then
    -- make the camera offset move
    else
    -- make it move back
    end
    boolean = not boolean
end

something like that i guess.

EDIT
forgot it was lua not C# my bad

The support boards are not for asking for entire code to be written for you.