Show off your UI designs

This is really cool! How long did it take?

1 Like

It’s not anything detailed, but I’ve programmed tooltips into my experience. If any Gui element has a Tooltip attribute, a script that uses RenderStepped detects when it’s being hovered over, and shows the tooltip with its text inside it. Any text meant for it is expected to use <br/> for line breaks because TextService isn’t given any bounds so I have more control over that.
Also, to reduce work done on every frame, tooltips are only updated ever ¼ of a second. This would look choppy, so a tween is used to disguise that.

Here’s a video of the new tooltips! It shows how they animate appearing/disappearing, and even how they shift to the other side of where my cursor would be as I move near the bottom-right corner of the game window.

6 Likes

It looks really nice and I like how the tooltips are smooth. It looks like the old UI style which was used back in the day. Your UI is pretty unique and it’s really nice!

1 Like

Aw, thank you! When I think of tooltips, I can only think of the classic yellow Windows tooltips, so that’s what they’re based on, but with my game’s rounded and cute styling.

It is really good to hear that my experience’s UI style is unique; A lot of Roblox games (usually when they’re in a specific genre) tend to have very similar UI styles. Like, some simulators have UIs that look like they were made by the same designer, and any One Piece/Blox Fruits-like game has the status, moves, and notifications in the same areas of the screen.

While I’m viewing this topic, here’s something else that I made today (entirely in Studio as usual for me), a keyboard’s QWERTY section. If it’s used, it’ll show the player what keys play notes on instruments in my experience. (Yes, there’ll be multiple layouts.)

“Page 1” and “Page 2” are placeholders, which would be replaced by the musical note names that would be played by those keys. There’s two pages so I can dedicate more rows to octaves, letting the player press a specific key to swap between the lower and higher octaves. I’m getting off-topic, though.

1 Like

Looks like it’s not complete. But I like the effort you put into it. I tried to make a keyboard in studio once. And… I’ll leave the guessing upto you :sweat_smile:

Forget that but it’s very nicely designed! Do you think you’ll work on Mac keyboards?

This will be a loading screen in the future.

16 Likes

Admin Panel for Tycoon Game.

Money Gui with Shop button Gui

Elevator Control GUI

Another Admin GUI

1 Like

I see a copyright infringement issue with your GUI. Roblox prohibits the use of the Roblox Logo in your game.

1 Like

Remade Apeirophobia lobby

It included a create party/room pop-out with 2 windows, one for the player and another for the owner.
Also an loading screen

What i am most proud of however is the click effect which adds a circle around the mouse once you click.

I’d argue it’s creative enough so that Roblox wouldn’t take it down, it’s not the exact logo. If they were really worried, the OP could just switch it out for the Roblox badge which is allowed usage for limited commercial projects. Seen as it appears to be a concept art, it would fall under fair users either way, unless OP makes the logo more like Roblox’s and commercializes it or uses it for general use purposes that aren’t covered by fair use, OP isn’t really infringing on the copyrighted property.

Bruh. Look at the original image and look at yourself making a big mistake

The word Roblox is a Trademark so it doesn’t matter if it is a different designed. If you use the words in any game when it is a registered trademark you could get in a lot of trouble. I am not trying to be rude or anything but just letting you know.

xbox 360

Screenshot 2022-11-11 142249

18 Likes

Loading Screen for my new game.

2 Likes

not really gonna use this anywhere… made it just for fun

Fair use applies to trademarks as well. Using logos or names for non-commercial, conceptual private practice is generally seen as completely legal in the US.

Really like the obby UI, well done! Sleek, simple, and visually pleasing. :clap:

1 Like

Just something i made in 10 minutes:

4 Likes

Program: Photopea

17 Likes