[IMPLEMENTED AS OF 30/04/2023] Show Signed In Devices in the Security tab at Settings

UPDATE: After almost 3 years, this feature has finally been implemented.

As a Roblox developer (and a normal Roblox player) , it is currently impossible to see the devices that are logged into my account.

I’ve seen many people complaining because of being hacked. A very good solution is to let us see which devices are logged into the account. We will go to the Security tab at Settings. At the bottom of the tab, all the devices we’ve signed in will be listed.

This info will be shown:

• OS
  • Browser
  • Device Type

Beside the device info, there will be 2 buttons: Logout Now and IP Block. By pressing Logout Now we’ll be signed out of this device immediately. By pressing IP Block, the person who got access to our account won’t be able to sign into it at the same IP address and device. In order to block an IP address, we’ll have to put our account PIN or type a 6-digit code that will be sent in our email address. After pressing each button, Roblox will recommend us to change our password and enable 2SV (in case it’s not enabled yet). We could also receive push notifications when someone signs into our account.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve the security level of our personal accounts because:

• We can logout immediately in devices we forgot to do it.
  • We will be able to manage our devices and prevent unauthorized actions like trades where we give all of our limiteds.

Thanks for reading my post and have a nice day! Leave a like if you agree!

49 Likes

Support 100% but the IP block should only appear after you have entered your pin. (So if you didnt have a pin implemented, you are restricted from the feature)

6 Likes

Agreed, great idea! Let me edit the post now.

1 Like

IP block is a little bit dangerous for those who don’t understand how IP addresses work and could end up blocking their own network losing access to the account.

I think that would need some careful consideration and perhaps have a system to prevent blocking the IP that you are currently accessing it on.

7 Likes

Agreed, that’s true. The solution is to note which is the current device you are using. For example, beside the device info there could be a mark saying: “You are currently using this device.”. Also, if you use other devices in the same IP address, there could be an error when trying to block the IP address.

3 Likes

Support for this i keep my account pretty safe and i am still paranoid.

4 Likes

I can also agree that this 3 years old post is still actual and for some reason isnt implemented to roblox.

3 Likes