Shrink Humanoid On Touch Script: Help!

it’s not working. could it be because its in a normal script? Ive already tried it on the local script and none of it is shrinking me down

2 Likes

Did you try on PlayerAdded function

1 Like

You might find the answer for this - but I’m pretty sure you’re going to have bugs with how small the characters can be. The characters likely aren’t going to be able to be as small as you have shown here, since that makes humanoid physics act very strangely. Maybe consider making the maps a bit bigger.
Although, if you’re just shrinking the players, what makes it a miniature game? The characters will be proportionally the same size, right?

5 Likes

Yea @ImperfectWorkclock he has a point,just make the map big and make the players seem small like Arsenal’s Map!

Yes they will be the same size. However, if you lose a minigame, you respawn in a lobby at normal size, making you seem bigger than everyone else who’s still in the minigame, including the map. It’d be fun to watch and loom over mini people who are playing a minigame

1 Like

Well that would seem weird because players that are in lobby can might cause a distraction in the game,also if you did make their size small then,the game will be buggy but if you dont care then u can add a specate button

1 Like

That’s a cool idea. However, because of the issues involved with making all of the characters smaller, it might not be practical to do that. You could instead have sort of a projection of all of the players in the lobby around the map, or something similar. Both of these would take a fair amount of effort to accomplish.

1 Like

I guess that works. Thanks! I’ll see if I can figure out another shrink script, and if not, find another way.

2 Likes

We’ll see. For now, I’m just going to experiment around with the code.

1 Like

Is there a reason why you would want to keep the player small and the map small as well for this “mini” minigame?

Couldn’t you just give an illusion by having it small at first, then resizing it to be big with the character still being the same size?

I guess. But then there won’t be huge people looming over the map spectating little humans running around. I would have to have either a live map that scales everything down OR make everyone humongous in the lobby

If you wanted to create a looming over effect, I would suggest making the players in the lobby bigger. This would have the same effect, and physics wouldn’t go crazy over it.

1 Like

Just letting you know, ‘humanoid’ refers to an Instance which holds data and properties pertaining to the ‘character’, which is the model that the player’s physical avatar is stored in.

1 Like

You mean something similar to this (from Jailbreak)

https://gyazo.com/46288bb4fc0a79810dee33e7d1dbcda9

All you would need to do is represent the characters as something or a simple robloxian mesh resized to small, then get the basic foundation of the map or not and put them into a model and update it as necessary.

Yes exactly like that. Although I am quite unsure as to HOW I’m going to do that. i’m not very good with scripting

I’m not saying you are looking to, but be aware that you’re not going to find anyone who will write you the code for this in this thread - I’m afraid you’ll either have to commission a scripter or just work at it yourself.

1 Like

I know. I was just asking for some tips on writing out the foundation of the code.

1 Like