Skinned MeshParts are live!

Will bones scale support it? I just got idea for make a jet mesh to be shrink or expand when use it.

1 Like

anyone know how to replicate those water effects from the starboard studios example?

4 Likes

I tried that but it didn’t work. Do you have screenshots of this working?

1 Like

Did you set the export scale to be 0.01?

2 Likes

How would you go about creating ragdolls from a skinned character?

5 Likes

Any ETA on when the scaling issue is fixed? I’m able to get the (blender) animations to work whenever I make the character’s scale 0.01 when importing into ROBLOX, but any larger and the rig immediately breaks the model and it becomes misshapen. I need to be able to alter their size for them to work properly in-game. If there’s no ETA, is there any way to fix this issue at all?

2 Likes

For some reason no matter what scale I import at, the bone positions keep getting skewed anytime I import an animation. The scale throughout each fbx is exactly the same. Is this just a bug or did I do something wrong?

5 Likes

finally i can do this in roblox studio :open_mouth: :grinning:

6 Likes

I’m having this issue with importing animations,

This is the animation in blender:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

This is what I get in game:

what?

20 Likes

if we can have move animation with hair, eyes and mouth??

i find tweet: https://twitter.com/Lovespunn/status/1319740817045671939

3 Likes

Is there any examples for classic proportion R15 characters?

I tried to upload something but the parts are stretched out for some reason.
In this image, you can see the bone deformation arm seems longer than old R15 one.

I’m just uploading the arm / leg meshes. That’s all I need.

4 Likes

This is awesome! Just one question: will this become a player animation preset like R15 did? Or will it stay in studio as S15 and S1?

2 Likes

in blender select the object and bone in your scene and press ctrl+A and select all transforms to delta. that will set the current bone and any objects to be 1,1,1 size.
it will define the current scale and position as default.

4 Likes

Oh neat, that was actually a really simple way to fix it, thanks!
Not sure why .obj doesn’t need to have its scale corrected while .fbx does though

2 Likes

Horror games have now been buffed. Great feature!

3 Likes

For the S1 type rigs, is there any plan of maybe making some sort of “bounding box” or “collider” sort of thing to connect to bones for raycasts and touched events to use?

So for instance, you could attach one of these “colliders” to a bone, scale it to fit the dimensions you desire, and have it constantly follow the bone which can then be picked up by raycasts.

Would be very useful for games that want to use S1 type rigs for characters but need to distinguish between which body part was hit by a projectile or something along those lines.

1 Like

If you didn’t want the individual mesh to mesh deform but only want joints to join, would it be possible to only utilise motor6Ds for a custom rig?

Edit for explicitness:
I am working with a custom rig that has more than the traditional r15 parts, I am wondering whether it was possible to utilise skinned meshes without having to use bones. I don’t need an individual part to deform (like your example’s mouth), would it possible to only just assign the motor6Ds between the joints and trust that these parts will join? In a run-time example, that when my rig is being animated, I won’t have any issues with there being gaps.

1 Like

Hello, RobieTheCat.

I was trying to get the ImportCustomAnim plugin, but it is not currently for sale.

How can I use this plugin? Do I need to wait until the full updates are done? If yes, can you tell me when this plugin will be available?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey guys anyone know how to fix this kind of issue? No matter what I seem to do, the animation won’t scale properly with the mesh. When I import the mesh and animation I get this:
correctanimation
However, when I scale the mesh and/or animation down (either in blender or studio), I keep getting this wonky issue where the mesh flies up and down, and deforms incorrectly at some points.

Assumably this is due to position data and things not scaling, but I’m not sure. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you!

5 Likes

Try to apply transform to deltas after scaling your rig to the size you need in Blender, I literally just found out how to scale rigs in blender from a few replies up and I wish I knew this ages ago, could have saved myself from doing some re-animating x.x

2 Likes