Sleeping Parts Issue On Aircraft

Hi I’ve been having issues of recent with my Aircraft. The same issue also now affects my Tug tractor. The video linked/ attached will show basically give a visual representation of the issue and possibly a temp solution. What I notice is the top of the plane never really sleeps, I assume spinning parts keep vehicles always unslept as when i delete the engines the plane then sleeps but this isnt the issue, the issue as seen in the video is that whilst the whole plane is unslept the wheels are sleeping and will not wake up even with force from vectorforce applied. Ive also on my tug had angularvelocity not able to unsleep the vehicle till I jumped out of the car and In. This issue was fixed previously by @kleptonaut but then a an update or two later has broken again. The issue in the video is basically again being experienced and not just by me, it seems small velocity changes arent enough to wake the vehicles up, you have to turn the steering of any vehicle to usually wake it up if its constrainted. I have a test place for my aircraft here https://www.roblox.com/games/4630481806/Aeson-Holdeness-Airport-AHA however the admin etc should dm me so I can help them be able to spawn the vehicles as they have a whitelisting system

2 Likes

Thanks for the report.

The plane model I was sent a while ago when this was first reported is not having any issues for me, and seems to be staying awake.

Is there any updated plane model you could send me?

2 Likes

I have a place, not sure if you’re able to view that, let me know AHA Test A350 - Roblox

1 Like

I can play the game but I need something I can open in Studio. You can DM a place file with the models you are having issues with.

Sorry for this Idk when but now It actually runs without sleeping issues anymore, It seems an update last week or recently fixed it. Was 100% sure that wasn’t the case when I made this post. Thanks

The issue seems to now have morphed itself into a bigger issue altogether on Tuesday this week. Now the aicraft gears do not retract at all if the plane takesoff nor does some of its control surfaces like the flaps work anymore. This has happened to everyone that has the plane not just at my place which leads me to believe something was changed on tuesday or monday as everything was fine before. This. No errors nothing im not sure myself what the issue is as ive not edited any code since. Semi fustrating with these lol

If you’d like more help with the issue you’ll need to provide more details, along with the steps and resources I would need to reproduce the issue.

I solved issue by just removing motor6ds. Of recent it seems that motor6ds just don’t replicate to the server anymore and so I don’t bother much with trying to solve that. Im using Weld C0 which is working fine now. But of recent ive noticed that after latest update Roblox characters can push anything away including my plane that they couldn’t before. I will post a video showing this in my place. Its easily reproduceable by just walking into the plane and then walking into one of the walls which sends it spinning. This weight issue wasnt a problem before and my plane isnt very light.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgw5nqur9M8 Here is the video apologies for the lower quality My gpu died on me recently so for the mean time im stuck with intergrated gpu anyway. Issue of recent that came after this latest update by roblox is that if your character touches basically a plane that isnt using body gyro or velocity they have the ability on slight touches to send it spinning away. This plane is by no means light and this was never an issue before the latest update came into play. My plane is set to nil for network ownership and thus characters shouldnt ever have the ability to fling it about which again wasnt issue prior to latest update. Motor6ds as mentioned seemed to have recently broke at least on plane vehicles owing i assume to some network ownership issue of which is why ive avoided them now on my vehicles and planes come the future but to get back to the point I do not know how this flinging issue came about and sadly it will have unwanted issues when you load the plane with passengers.

You can access my place if need be: Aeson Holdeness Airport (AHA) - Roblox where I will leave a plane for you spawned in that will allow you to walk into etc to reproduce issue.

Also having issues with Motor6Ds CurrentValue showing changes on the Client, but not appearing on the server so running a script that has a line like
Variable.Motor6D.DesiredAngle = Variable.Motor6D.CurrentAngle
works intermittently.