Slot Machine that pays more than it takes useable?

Morning,

So today I thought id make a Slot machine for one of my games I’m working on, it uses the in game currency which is used in the game, its not exclusively used for the slot.

The problem with this is, the game currency is intended to be purchasable with Robux. Which im pretty sure is not good because that directly links the RNG game with Robux so its technically gambling.

But the intention with the slot is not to make the player spend Robux to play the slot, its just something to play to pass the time while they wait for things in game, That’s why it pays more than it takes.

wip2 - Roblox - This is only an idea ATM its just a quick code I Did but I want to get others opinions on it before I put work into it.

(Incase you want to test it, the pay lines are,
StraightAcross-UpDownUpDownUp-DownUpDownUpDown,CornerToCorner
and the bonus game hasnt been coded yet.)

1 Like

Wrong. If you can obtain the currency without Robux it is not gambling. Carry on.

EDIT 06/20/2023

As of the same date of this edit, Roblox has officially moved to ban simulated gambling by September 18th, 2023 (in 3 months), which means that all forms of gambling are no longer allowed on the platform. This contrasts the prior stance to which, as long as there was no Robux involved, it could be passable.

The advice in this post is no longer accurate. Please avoid sharing this as an answer. For more information, please see Updating our policy on simulated gambling in the thread Create Experiences for People 17 and Older on Roblox.

OP is actually correct here, you aren’t (or rather your answer is too vague for it to be taken as good advice). Since the game currency is intended to be purchasable with Robux as well and can be used on slot machines, this counts as indirect use of Robux. Proxied spending is still spending and thus outlawed as per the Community Rules.

Regardless of how the slot machine is run, if it involves Robux and it’s possible not to win an item from the machine, it’s gambling and not allowed. If an item is always guaranteed, then look for the paid random virtual items policy which requires full chance disclosure.

Answered a similar question earlier:

So if I use a currency that cannot be acquired from any link to robux it’s okay?

What about if I had a currency that can be bought with robux but can’t be used on the slot,

and a seperate currency that can only be earned playing the game / in crates that can only be purchased with the other currency. but can be gambled on the slot.

But you could buy packages with the robux linked currency that can sometimes contain the slot currency? Because theoretically if you open package it’s not gambling because there’s always a prize (according to that link).

I’m just tryna find any kind of loophole tbh

If it can be purchased through Robux it’s not allowed for example ‘you have the slot machine that works on gems. You also have coins that can be purchased for Robux. You can NOT allow the coins to be changed into gems in any way or it would be against TOS.’