Small Character Movement Sliding / Drifting

Small Characters appear to drift when moving.

All of the parts are massless, w/o collision, and the hipheight does not affect this issue.

Video:

The closest ive gotten to fixing it is changing the model scale to 1, but when I do this the model becomes massive. When I scale down the meshparts manually after setting model scale to 1 it, breaks all animations. The animation reziser plugin didnt fix this.

1 Like

See if this helps you.

Applied it as a local script inside of the char’s humanoid, and i dont see much of a differance.

Alright, ive found a fix that seems to work. Here are my steps to fix:

• Duplicate the Sliding Model: Create 2 duplicates of the character model causing you issues. I will refer to these as “model 1” and “model 2”.

• Install the “Animation Resizer” Plugin: Link

• Find the “model 1”'s Scale:

• Make this Value in the “Animation Resizer” Plugin the “Scale” Value Of “model 1”:

• Right-Click on “model 2” and Click “Group As Model”:

• After the Last Step You Should Have Something Looking Like This:

• Right-Click “model 2” and click “Ungroup”. It Should Ungroup Into the Model its Parented to And The Model Its Parented To Has a Scale of 1.

• Next, Click Back On “model 1” and Find Its “AnimSaves”. Select Everything in there and click “Apply Scale” on the plugin. Ive also included the settings I had on the plugin:

• Move The Animations The Plugin Has Created To “model 2”'s “AnimSaves”, Open The Animation Editor And Load and Re-upload model 2’s animations to Roblox! Use “model 2” as your character model (It should have a Scale of 1) and it should work!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.