[OLD] SmartBone - An optimized module for Dynamically Simulated Bones

THANK YOU!!!
This has literally changed my life.

11 Likes

Hey! Sorry for bothering you, I tried to set up the module and it seems incredible, but i noticed that yours has a little of a “collision” with it when you move around and stuff like that. Is anything related to the rigging part, or some configurations of the module itself?

11 Likes

There isn’t any collision yet I think, it might seem like that due to the configurations or settings attributes I have put, it’s noticable if you do quick rotations. I’ve used these attributes for the cape, hope these help

24 Likes

Whoah, this is a step in the right direction when it comes to development, this is definitely something I want to factor into my games, this would fit incredibly well in a PvE, PvP game!

Adds a new layer of immersion not yet seen or taken advantage of on roblox yet! Hell of a resource!

9 Likes

This is absolutely phenomenal. To think I’d see this in Roblox and even pretty well optimized. This is amazing work!

9 Likes

UPDATE

I have made a GitHub repository:

Also I updated the Roblox model so if anyone is still using the older version PLEASE UPDATE IT, there were some critical errors and slight performance issues that I fixed. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Also Happy Holidays to everyone who celebrates :snowflake:

15 Likes

This is pretty awesome, seems like something that should’ve been made earlier

8 Likes

Jigglebone physics, truly a great gift that I’ve been wanting all year!

12 Likes

This is legitimately this best Christmas gift I got this year. I can’t wait to try it out on some of my rigs. Thank you so much for all your hard work.

10 Likes

Can you add an .rbxl file so we can try it out with a working thing?

Thanks

8 Likes

SmartBoneCape.rbxl (113.3 KB)
This should work. It is a simple cape model using the settings provided by Aaroncy.
If there are any issues let me know and I can try to help you

The rig isn’t great, but it should let you see vaguely how to set it up. You can do much, much better with effort and time.

27 Likes

Hey, how can i create a mesh with bones?

7 Likes

Will this work with hood clothing too?
On topic: it’s so good module!

9 Likes

You’ll have to know some basic modeling and rigging skills. I use Blender, but you could use any other similar program. If you’re trying to just learn the basics, the Blender Guru Donut Tutorial is a great way to get started. Otherwise, if you just need to learn to rig, there are many various tutorials online.

8 Likes

Hi man, i have some problems with my cape model, i’m not a modeller (So i dont know very well how to adjust weight map). Right now i imported the cape model (With bones) in roblox studio, i setupped the mesh model with all the settings that you putted in your model (The map that you shared), but nothing works. Basically im my mesh model nothing change in game, it’s like a normal mesh. Anyone can help me?

7 Likes

Fixed :+1:, anyway nice module!

8 Likes

Wow, this is really a big step to higher quality games on the roblox platform, this is amazing and seems really customizable. Thank you for sharing this. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Maybe when the bones have collision, or, if you don’t want to wait, you’ll have to adjust the hood to have lots of resistance.

9 Likes

works beautifully, would love if collisions were added

8 Likes