Smooth R6 Ragdoll for Players and NPCs (Plug-and-Play)

Thank you! this really helped my game

1 Like

R6 ragdoll made smoother

In the previous version there was this issue with the torso moving before the limbs:

But now it’s as smooth as it gets, it’s barely noticeable!

So make sure you grab the newer script to get the best R6 ragdoll roblox can get you!

7 Likes

Ok I still Use the older Version On my euphoria game( Its Smoother Without Using the Newer Script). But i will test it out. (Btw i love ragdolls)

It is smooth only for the client ragdolling, you won’t have the torso going without the limbs only for client that has been ragdolled, which is why I showed the view of the other player sees it in the recording.

(I also love ragdolls!)

this is quite easy and smooth to use

im using it in vent systems where you need to slide down, using a ragdoll to tumble you down just felt cool, compared to walking down the steep vent

the smooth transition is incredibly helpful in times where you want it to smoothly transition, such as the ground breaking from under you, or sliding down a very long tube/vent

1 Like

I really like this and it works well. I was wondering how I can make it work on death. I turned off break joints on death. this is my script. the character just stands weird like in the picture. The value does enable I checked.

By the way im the video When a player get near to a ragdolled i think They get a little laggy

I did a ragdoll for r6/r15 but im bored to showcase

Assuming you used a key input script to trigger the ragdoll, how can you accomplish that effect? I’ve tried a few things and I can’t seem to get it to work properly. I’m sure it’s very simple, but I’m a beginner programmer with very limited knowledge and some help would be appreciated.

Yes, I know I’m late to the party.

2 Likes

This ragdoll system really helped me a lot! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

If you dont mind me asking, what did you change / what did you do to make the ragdoll smoother, Im just curious.

Thanks!

Thank you for asking, because apparently I didnt even update the script link :man_facepalming:

However, the change that makes it so much smoother is the following:
On ragdoll, instead of disabling all the character/npc’s Motor6Ds, I disable all the Motor6Ds and leave the HumanoidRootPart’s Motor6D enabled, so it’s enabled at all times, and that somehow doesn’t mess with the replication.

1 Like

NPCs don’t have colliding limbs or stun but players do, any idea why?
5CasTaPO5

2 Likes

Download the scripts again and try again (here)
I forgot to change the humanoid state :skull: .

1 Like

This script isn’t working for me. The player’s animations still play and even if you disable the animation script, the ragdoll is still not working. This is a brand new place with no other scripts and the ragdoll script is the latest version. Hopeful for a fix very useful

That’s because you are setting RagdollTrigger locally, you need to set it on the server side

BIG NOTE to anyone who will want to make server side r6 ragdoll.
I spent a lot of time trying to do this because nowhere is documented that HumanoidRootPart networkownership SHOULD BE setted after Stepped event, otherwise networkownership will be reseted (I did know that physics should be setted after this event, but nowhere it was told in context of networkownership, I just thought that it’s stupid and willn’t work).
Now it’s work as intended! No flying ragdoll characters. Thank you, Aspecturu for your simple but good module, ofcourse I refactored code, but it’s all about ragdoll logic. (Not like I never wrote ragdoll modules, I did. But they all were deleted because of flying ragdoll dolls).
I will investigate future problems related to ragdoll (If they will exist) and update info about their solution

1 Like

I am not really sure what issue you are trying to fix here, it’s not a good idea to set the ownership of a player’s hrp to nil (aka the server), doing so will cause some very bad user experience because the player is no longer in instant control of their character, so what should be done instead is ragdolling the player on both the server and the client (Look at the R6RagdollClient script).

As for NPCs, their network owner is the server, it is explicitely being set by the script so that no player will automatically take ownership of NPCs and break the ragdoll. So all you have to do is set the RagdollTrigger to true to ragdoll and false to unragdoll.

I don’t want to give control to player of his character while he is in ragdoll state (Because it can be bypassed on client).

I give networkowner back to player on unragdoll call btw, I just don’t trust client.
Also I do changeState to GettingUp for unragdoll on client