Smooth Terrain Heightmap/Colormap Importer Release!

I love this idea! I’m already experimenting with it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Tried to enable this feature the old way (going through the list with notepad…) which worked every time before, but for some reason it got reset on each launch. Thanks, I needed this for my sanity.

You can also edit studio icons.

Not that that is of much use, but still a nice addition.

Absolutely stunning.

Any clue on when this will be released?

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong or just dumb, that means we could make pixelart with terrain…?

2 Likes

Have you tried importing .png heightmaps into Gaea’s sculptor? Whenever I try, it only loads a small portion of the image.

I haven’t tried, at the moment I’m only generating heightmaps using Gaea and exporting them to Roblox.

3 Likes

This is going to be amazing to work with! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great update, I’ll be using this often!

EDIT: Any update of when it will be re-enabled?

3 Likes

I don’t even have this. How comes?

The feature was disabled, see the above post:

7 Likes

A post was merged out

Announcement posts are not the place to advocate for unrelated features or bug reports. Please use Platform Feedback.

When should this be activated again?

20 Likes

This was really needed and this will surely be extremely useful in terrain and time management

4 Likes

Love it, we only need a terrain heightmap/colormap Exporter now, we would then be able to share terrain we created with friends instead of having to send the entire place file.

Just imported a little island using the heightmap feature. Although I painted it by hand, it looks pretty good!

5 Likes

How did you enable it? It doesnt show in studio for me cause its disabled.

1 Like

You can enable it with CloneTrooper’s Mod Manager

5 Likes