Snippity snip snip

i snippity snip snipped this post

1 Like

Hmm… tough one. I think the easiest way might be to create a few base animations (stances) then adjust the player’s character orientation etc… to follow the ball. Just guessing here, that’s what I would try first. I don’t think you really need to calculate the balls’ trajectory at all. Just detect when it gets close enough to a player and then activate the animation and the script to orient the players character parts to follow the balls position until the ball touches or “passes” them.

Maybe decide which animation to use based on height of the ball relative to the player when it gets close as well as the direction the ball is from the player, left/right/front/back.

If i am not mistaken, What it does is game calculates where the ball is about to hit the ground and a outer field to align player to it, make it face the ball and stop its movement via disabling inputs and such, then do the animation to catch the ball in air/ dive to catch before it lands etc… Something like this.

2 Likes

Instead maybe do a dive animation so when a player clicks d key for example.

Another option is to use my EZ Fabrik Module (Shameless self promotion).
(Or inverse kinematics(IK) in general)

Using my module (or IK) you can control where the arm point towards the position of the ball like how I control the leg in my showcase, thereby “animating it”.