Snow Gentleman's LowerTorso collision box is broken

Because Snow Gentleman’s LowerTorso part has CanCollide on (which is set to that every frame) and is big, it intereferes a lot with movement.

Equipping the torso (with R15 only) will always generate this bug, but the levitation animation pack seems to relief some of the problems.

It happens on the client and studio.

Here are some examples of it:

1. You have to struggle to get past small doors

1. Walking upstairs is awfully frustrating

1. Moving in general is bad

5 Likes

Yeah, this is a consequence of R15 packages being physically accurate. This is not restricted to the Snow Gentleman:

Look how many problems are easily solved by using proper collisions: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/use-specialmeshes-in-r15-packages-instead-of-meshparts/31134/21

There is an option for R15 characters to use standard collisions which should fix this issue, but it’s unreasonable that I can’t wear certain packages to most/nearly all. The wings/cape/faulds could have been collisionless accessories with no negative effects, which demonstrates how non-useful physically accurate package collisions are. Most non-Roblox games use capsule colliders or similar for characters because physically accuracy for characters isn’t necessary and usually causes unwanted problems like these

Standard collisions without affecting raycasting should be the behavior for all games. The collision option on game settings should instead control whether raycasting is physically accurate or not. In all games I want to be able to walk through doors, but depending on whether I’m making a competitive game with fair hitboxes or a co-op shooter where I want players to be able to hit enemies accurately, I need to be able to toggle raycast accuracy.

1 Like

Just received a tweet about this. Looks like people can’t sit in seats. https://twitter.com/MyUsernamesThis/status/934474992661737473

That’s just the fun/entertainment of using r15 packages. If you have wings, you can use them to grind like a skateboarder, but you cant fit through Doors. I personally like the weird/wacky collision that comes with r15 packages each coming with their own hitboxes. Just use the standard collision if you are trying to make a game that is serious where you dont want people playing as a snowman and then blocking doors, or getting to areas they shouldn’t be using a r15 package with a small hitbox.

This is not a solution because as a player I can’t wear my favorite packages into most games since most don’t bother to change the setting even though it severely diminishes my playing experience. All games need to have proper collision for character models.

Professional products don’t have broken behavior because it’s “fun” – sorry. That’s not an excuse we can use to justify players being unable to sit/walk through doors in-game.

1 Like

The collision models are proper though; Snowmen cannot move in real life, and conceptually a snowman who could move would very much have issues moving around and fitting through doors. Likewise, a dragon with huge wings should not be able to fit through doors either. The R15 packages Outer-collision boxes are fine as is, and it is on the developers to change the R15 Collision-box type of their games.

Can we get an update on whether this package will be fixed? It’s impacting a LOT of games, including Jailbreak, as you can run really fast with it. It needs to be fixed to stop game breaking issues.

1 Like

This is an issue with Inner hitbox not actually making hitboxes uniform. I just tested inner hitbox with the dragon package, and still had mesh based collision. This means that inner hitbox feature is broken. If inner hitboxes are fixed then the issues with the snowman package and custom animations in jailbreak should be fixed as long as the developers are using inner hitbox collisions.

1 Like