SoftShutdown2 — Shutdown all servers with peace of mind!

That’s what I figured, but that’s mildly annoying.

Is there any way to make a feature request if there hasn’t been one already? I think this kind of addition would be very helpful.

Try using TeleportService:TeleportPartyAsync().

This will let you teleport the server full of people in the migration place to a normal, non-reserved server while keeping them together.

2 Likes

Hey! So I’m having a bit of a problem and I’m not sure if this is just a Roblox thing, but whenever I go to shutdown a server the user is being kicked for “Unexpected client behavior.” I tried finding a solution to this with no success so I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem and/or has a solution.

Note: Guide was followed correctly. The script is in ServerScriptStorage both in the main place and in the migration place, and the place IDs are set as well.

Does this maintain the players in the server? So if you are in a server with player A, B and C when you get put in a new server will you be with A, B and C in your server?

Yes, it reserves a server which should keep all of the same players that were in the old server in the new one as long as their teleport succeeds.

However, the suggestion made above (TeleportPartyAsync) I haven’t tried yet since I’m not sure if it will guarantee all will make it, while allowing new players to join the server - say it tries to teleport them all to an existing server but it could be full, leading members of the party waiting or being kicked because the server is full.

2 Likes

I’m unfortunately not sure what this error means. Is this still occurring?

2 Likes

Yep. This is still occurring. Could this be a Roblox issue? Is it happening in games you have implemented this in as well?

I have this exact problem as well in my game and had it even before I started using the soft shutdown. Players don’t know the server actually shutdown for an update and so they are thinking they’re actually getting kicked for something they did. Did you ever find a fix for this?

1 Like

I have not found a fix yet. Tried using soft shutdowns in other scripts and it all seems to work fine but the issue is only popping up on the game I’m going go be needing it in. If I don’t figure something out I might make just make a separate post going over the issue.

1 Like

Sadly this is happening to me, I’m not an experienced scripter and I have no idea how to solve this.

1 Like

I believe this happens when Roblox detects an exploit such as Synapse, Script-Ware, Jellyfish, or Cheat Engine interferes with the Roblox App on the client-side. However most of the time you get it’s really a false positive. There really isn’t any fix to this but it’s defiantly not something with your module.

2 Likes

Its weird that it’s happening on mobile as well. Hopefully Roblox fixes this sometime soon.

1 Like

For some reason, when I shutdown the servers, and when it TPs players into the other place, there’s no GUI saying “New update”

I don’t think you understand how helpful this is on so many levels!
Thank you so much for making this!

You must put it in the place of migration in replicated storage

Is there any way to make this reserve ‘public’ servers? After the shutdown I want all players to return to a the same server, but have the server be public so it can continue to fill.

1 Like

Whenever I published my game, the players or I who were playing the game were never get sent/teleported to the Migration place

I did all the steps correctly, Here’s what I did

1. I created a new place called Migration and made that place as empty as possible
  2. In the main game, I grabbed SoftShutdown2 and placed it to ServerScriptService in there
  3. I copied my game’s PlaceId and also copied the Migration place’s PlaceID, then I put both of them in the proper place (I copied those IDs from Asset Manager)
  4. I cloned the SoftShutdown2 script in every place under my experience, placed the SoftShutdownGui under ReplicatedFirst only in the Migration place

With everything correct, and when I try to test it by publishing an update on my game while I’m in a server, nothing’s working, not working as expected.

Do I need Merely’s SoftShutdown to make this system work? or is there a step that I missed? I felt like everything was correct but it was not working as expected, of course, I tried turning on Allow Thrid Party Teleports but it didn’t work either so I decided to remove the system.

I’ll add the system again and do the steps provided by the creator of this topic and the system someday…

Thank you make sure to bookmark it. :face_with_monocle:

This doesn’t seem to work anymore as it just shows the classic "The experience’s developer has temporarliy shut down the experience server. Please try again." It doesn’t teleport anyone at all.

I also get an error in my dev console "ServerScriptService.SoftShutdown2 v1.1:12: Incomplete statement: expected assignment or a function call" I can’t seem to figure out where it’s supossed to expect the assignment or function call.

I didn’t change anything in the script other than StarterPlaceId, MigrationPlaceId and ReserveCharacterPosition.