🡺 {Solve a Riddle} Wanders in Lobby - Medieval Life {DevLog #2} (Feedback Needed)

Gallery:

Video with NPC Animations:

About Medieval Life:
Medieval Life is a game, where players start as regular peasants, and need to work their way up the medieval hierarchy. They do so by participating in various competitions against each other(mini-games), then passing hardcore tests before ranking up.
Mini games range from original obbies and races, to NOT copy-paste games like Brawl, a russian game Vishibali and etc.

The game is not finished yet, so it is private, but you can still add it to your favorites and follow, to not miss out on the very soon release.
Medieval Life - Roblox

A little riddle:
After watching the video, can you guess why are the NPCs named John and Clark? Write your theories. The first one who guesses right will receive a special secret sneak peak to one of the obstacle courses.

Did you like the overall look of the lobby?

• It looks stunning!
  • I am dashed by it’s beauty!
  • Meh…
  • I just want to click something -_-

0 voters

Do you think you know the answer of the riddle?

• Of course I do! But I won’t tell you…
  • I am completely lost…
  • Yes.

0 voters

All of the honest feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated, main purpose of these DevLogs is also to improve the game.

There is a following feature in DevForum. If you’re interested in the game, you can follow me to not miss out on the DevLogs that will be posted regularly.

You can also join the discord server of the game - Our Discord Server

3 Likes

This.

There must be something tying the NPCs to their names. Keep trying :smiley:
In 12 hours, I will give a little hint

1 Like

Clark is an English language surname, ultimately derived from the Latin with historical links to England and Ireland clericus meaning “scribe”, “secretary” or a scholar within a religious order, referring to someone who was educated .

And for John…
John (24 December 1166 – 19 October 1216) was King of England from 1199 until his death in 1216. He lost the Duchy of Normandy and most of his other French lands to King Philip II of France, resulting in the collapse of the Angevin Empire and contributing to the subsequent growth in power of the French Capetian dynasty during the 13th century. The baronial revolt at the end of John’s reign led to the sealing of Magna Carta , a document considered an early step in the evolution of the constitution of the United Kingdom.

Of course, if this is medieval inspired this would make sense… Right?

1 Like

This reminds me of Rickey rat.

1 Like

Im amazed, that is insanely good explanation…I wish I had given as much thought when naming them. However I didn’t :smiley: so your answer is incorrect. Incredibly nice try tho.

The Clark one was pretty close actually

Lewis and Clark and John Smith?
This is the only possibility that I could think of.

1 Like

Clark is wrong, but you got the John Smith right. Congratulations ^ _ ^ But can you explain your John Smith answer?

Are they John Smith and Mark Clark?

I DMed you the promised Sneak Peak

John Smith is already guessed, the person who guesses why the other NPC is named Clark, will also get the sneak peak. Unfortunately, he has nothing to do with Mark Clark, so your answer is wrong :frowning: Keep Trying!

is it clark the clerc?
since hes a clerk
and john smith is a smith

1 Like

Great Job :smiley: Both right. I’ll DM you the sneak peak.

1 Like