[Solved]Bring back lifetime bc,tbc,and obc

I remember there being an idea about how developers shouldn’t need to pay to get paid.

At the current devex rate, lifetime OBC would literally pay for itself after 4 years from the builders club stipend. I know that stipend robux isn’t supposed to be exchangeable, but it doesn’t feel like anyone is keeping track. Creating new robux that isn’t tied to money is the big issue with lifetime, though. It pays for itself and then it keeps generating more robux out of nothing.

What if there was a special OBC for life option for certified developers only so that they wouldn’t have to go through the hassle of renewing OBC when they wanted to use Dev Ex?

4 Likes

Personally I would enjoy having a lifetime membership as well. Monthly payments only cause issues on my part because I have to ensure I have enough money to keep it running, and potentially go through the hassle of stopping my payment + restarting when I can.

I have a lifetime membership in every game that I commonly play that has the option for a lifetime membership. Robocraft is a big one in this scope.

I feel like if the option were introduced as a request-based thing, or put in a “Pay once” category sort of thing, it’d be acceptable.

2 Likes

It would be good but it’s not coming back. I think the more reasonable suggestion is to bring back 6 monthly memberships as that was perfect.

4 Likes

Good idea, but I feel like with this specific topic there would be a fair deal of community backlash.

We would more than likely just void the OBC requirement for those users in that case rather than doing something as odd as exclusive lifetime OBC.

It’s unlikely that lifetime BC will ever return because it’s not cost-effective. There’s no benefit in keeping it around because even if you want to buy lifetime, you’ll buy renewing BC anyway and pay them more in the long run.

3 Likes

there was a thread about this last year

it is a better solution than unlocking lifetime obc for developers. I still like my lifetime obc though.

3 Likes

That would also be nice but the restriction would most likely have to be:

Has been on roblox for at least a year

Has not broken any major roblox rules

Has at least BC and 100k Robux

It’ll never be back and shouldn’t have existed in the first place, good savings for consumers and only wish I had taken advantage of ROBLOX Myself. No matter how much you get support for it at the end of the day it doesn’t make a difference, it’s like having support groups for price floors or tickets just isn’t going to work.

ROBLOX web team should be putting more work into the group update that they have briefly mentioned and much of the other features to the site that they have been stripping or have blatantly deteriorating due to time.

For these suggestions I think @Nightgaladeld , @Lilly_S or another Dev Relations Staff member should communicate a response from ROBLOX to help us understand or support the suggestions we put forward. At the end of the day they want what we want but there must be a balance.

1 Like

Just renew OBC. If you make a lot of money from Roblox it shouldn’t be that hard to keep that renewal active. Opinions.

@KnockOfScripting Purchasing yearly OBC membership is your best bet.

1 Like

Roblox keeps tract of if R$ comes from BC.

I know people who have been denied a DevEx because they were 2-3,000 R$ short of 100K after their R$ from BC was accounted for.

What we need as developers is not lifetime OBC…

I’m not gonna go into why because i’d be repeating whats already been said but…

ROBLOX doesn’t allow just anyone to devex even if they have BC as they get reviewed correct? Why not once a developer has been reviewed for the first time they not only get an invitation to tipalti but they get a membership specifically for “verified developers” [ those who’ve devex’d ] This would allow roblox to sort user accounts from a normal user and a developer, not to mention it would give them an option to let developers devex again without needing to buy OBC… of course you are reviewed each time you devex…

Anyway, there was something about making special membership for developers that was mentioned in a roblox TNL stream waay in its first streams, who knows what happened to that though…

10 Likes

My question is, why do you need OBC to devex?

I like your idea

I find it a bit odd for that as well. Should not be just for OBC, some developers could be going through a financial situation and dev ex could be their only option. If I were in that position $20 would be hard to part with, $5 not so much.

2 Likes

Before this gets derailed, please do not suggest how developers manage their finances. It is impossible to completely know others’ income/expenses and recommend solid advice. This kind of discussion also usually attracts advice on how to manage money from users who have never managed money before.

6 Likes

What about something that enables lifetime obc if you devexed before?

There will never be exclusive forms of BC – there’s no reason to offer any. As mentioned earlier, if OBC as a requirement for DevEx is a problem, ROBLOX would just drop the OBC requirement either completely or after the first DevEx rather than include an awkward BC offering.

1 Like

Yeah… Lifetime BC wasn’t profitable for the company in the long run… It won’t come back.

OBC requirement for Devex should be dropped imo, but I suppose it also helps weave out random people with 100k trying to devex, and helps the process a bit more.

I think this would work well enough tbh.

1 Like