Some interesting attempts at non-realtime RayTracing in Roblox

Trying to get colours to work properly, isn’t going very well

3 Likes

I think it might be because of shadows, I had this problem before when I made a ray tracer and the shadows were really noisy and that was because of the .position of the ray, I think you need to offset the .position of the ray so it is closer to the camera.

Which you can do that by subtracting the .position of the ray to the .direction of the ray.

Also maybe you should try to make a path tracer one day, this is how my path tracer looks: My Roblox path tracer | Runs in parallel! - #2 by SirKhalidBlox

2 Likes

Thanks, that all worked and made it look a lot nicer. I’ve been having a problem with the pixel system (which are just frames), where once I go past 120^2 pixels, they just stop showing up on the screen. I noticed that your system is already very high resolution, much higher than 120^2, so how did you fix that?

1 Like

Can we see the improvement? :smiley:

I never had that problem when using frames, but using frames as pixels is very inefficient, you should use Editable Images instead.

Also, when I render in high resolution, I wait about 1 second after rendering every chunk, so Roblox studio doesn’t crash, which makes the script run in serial instead of parallel, I can make it still run in parallel but to be honest it works just fine for me.

1 Like