Sorting ScreenGuis?

Is there any good way of sorting ScreenGuis when you have a lot of them? Folders dont work since they get removed from PlayerGui when your character respawns. Using ScreenGuis as folders to store more ScreenGuis inside them seems a bit ehh? it works though.

I already know that you are NOT supposed to use 1 ScreenGui, and store a lot of frames inside, since just 1 update will redraw the entire ui, which is horrible for performance.

Any ideas? Or should I just not sort them at all?

6 Likes

Wait what? It’s bad to have just one?

4 Likes

Yep. It makes sense if you think about it. I dont know exactly where I heard this, but this should be enough:

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I had no idea this existed. I will implement this into my games.

1 Like

Sorting them once you already made them is a big trouble, if you already have like many ScreenGuis, probably don’t sort them, since then you might mess up some script or something

If you are making them from scratch though, how would you do it? Do I make a screengui per frame?

Like you should do one GUI for one purpose
Example: a ScreenGUI for loading, one for the welcome menu, one for like an avatar editor or something
Using one ScreenGUI is also fine, but it might be messy many times

I use frames to order it. Instead I should use screenguis?