Directional Sound in Aircraft

The title is kind of self explanatory.
Is there a way to make a 3d sound sourced inside 3d object only emit in a certain direction?

Right now my idea is to make a local script and use a bunch of math to trigger the sound.
I tried explaining this a few times but it was confusing so I’ll list the steps (sorta)

1. Get Camera’s position.

2. Get a Parts position

3. Calculate angle

4. Play sound if in desired angle

As to how specifically I can carry this out? I am not so sure. If there any specific functions I can take advantage of to achieve this, please let me know

4 Likes

Honestly you could probably just create a part that fills the direction you want the sound in and then just use .Touched or :GetTouchingParts() to find characters colliding with the part and have them locally play the sound

I thought of that once and I’ll give that a try.

You can use some math (and maybe CFrames) to find the angle from the camera direction to the sound’s origin and change the volume of the sound based on how close to looking at the sound they are.

I hate math so I would just check the distance from the camera to the front of the plane and the end of the plane. If the front is closer play sound A, if the back is closer play sound B.

1 Like