Spawning R15 user's avatars as R6 in Studio

Hiya!

I stumbled upon this by accident. I’m not familiar with studio and i don’t know if there’s a logic behind this or if it’s just a minor bug.

• Copy the userid of someone who currently has an R15 avater

• Open up studio, go to a baseplate and spawn your character. Change your userid to the one of your R15 user and respawn.

• Change the placeid of the player to 12345 or 264635. There are many other number combinations that work, these are just some examples.

Presto!

This is personally useful for me since the quick asset downloader is currently broken. I’m also really bad at using R15 in Blender. If there’s another method to get the R6 of a user who wears R15 please let me know!

Kind regards,
Maple

1 Like

If you publish the place and set it to r6, your characters will always spawn as r6

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey maple, place a npc in the workspace like this,

and then run this code on it.

local NPC = script.Parent
local userId = 6840869

function DressNPC()
	for i,v in pairs(NPC:GetChildren()) do
		if v:IsA("Hat") or v:IsA("Pants") or v:IsA("Shirt") or v:IsA("ShirtGraphic") then
			v:Destroy()
		elseif v:IsA("BodyColors") then
			local b=BrickColor.new()
			v.HeadColor,v.LeftArmColor,v.LeftLegColor,v.RightArmColor,v.RightLegColor,v.TorsoColor=b,b,b,b,b,b
		end
	end
	for i,v in pairs(game:GetService("Players"):GetCharacterAppearanceAsync(userId):GetChildren()) do
		v.Parent=NPC
	end
end

DressNPC()

This is what i use to get someone’s appearance for npc’s

I think this code is broken for R6 character meshes. You will need to check if any of the objects returned by GetCharacterAppearanceAsync is a Folder and only parent the contents to the character if it is a CharacterMesh.

See this for information on the new body parts format:

I’ve got a module that can be used to create R6 or R15 characters given a UserId using GetCharacterAppearanceAsync. It also does all the welding logic for hats locally so it can be used for local only NPCs.
https://www.roblox.com/library/579105903/Create-Character-with-GetCharacterAppearanceAsync

2 Likes

I completely forgot to change it, thank you for telling me this i haven’t tested my game in a while so it’d probably be broken now :stuck_out_tongue: