Specific placer gaining advice

Today me and @BloxVurse launched our game crafting simulator as shown here (we did a soft release a few days ago to research bugs and gain basic feedback) https://www.roblox.com/games/3475809100/Crafting-Simulator-RELEASE

However we are having issues getting into the thousands and therefor onto front page where we can really explode.

What we are doing:
We have ads running
we have sponsors on mobile, tablet and pc
we have a popular youtube promoting our game

as much advice as possible would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly I would just say that you need more Robux to spend on ads and sponsors. Other than that, there really isn’t much you can do besides change around the actual game to improve retention. One thing you could try would be to make a code that you have in your title that gives you a quick start to the game. That would help improve retention without much work. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, promotions like ads and sponsors don’t meaningfully affect your player count. They are really optimal for boosting a game that’s already gaining traction.

You already have 600 concurrents so your game clearly doesn’t suck. That’s good, because making a game that doesn’t suck is the hardest part.

For getting to the front page you need to focus on session length. The longer players are in your game, the more players will join. Pay attention to pacing - constant intense action is just as boring as nothing happening at all. Players will lose interest unless you find a way to break up your gameplay with additional elements. Lots of games do this by offering alternate ways to play (jailbreak) or by combining two basic games that complement each other (bloxburg). Action games (mm2) do this by making the game round based and giving you specific instructions each round.

For staying on the front page you need to focus on returning users. Offer features like daily rewards or timed events to keep players coming back.

4 Likes

It’s a little overambitious to be expecting to get onto the front page within your first day of releasing unless your game is simply that good.

Give your advertisements and knowledge of the game some time to set in, then come back if it isn’t working. By creating a post on the same day you launch and talking about how you haven’t reached front page, you demonstrate that you haven’t given your stuff time to set in and observe its workings. It’s impatient.

2 Likes

We did a soft launch a few days ago and picked up about 20k plays :slight_smile: this is more of our official launch

1 Like

Would help to clarify that from the get-go (please edit your post). I didn’t want to make any far-fetched assumptions and remain realistic, so I took your post contents at face value. This changes my response completely.

I don’t have enough battery life to type something focused but one thing I will plug here is that you will often hear back on retention. User retention, experience and first impressions are absolutely paramount. Leave a lasting impression on the user that beckons for their return. There are many ways to accomplish this of course, depending on your game.

1 Like

We have 100% taken your advice to heart and brainstormed a few ideas. our current central one is every 10-15 mins a 5 min event takes place which double Coins/ Xp/ Speed for 5 mins. do you believe this would be effective?

1 Like

That sounds like a great starting point!