Sponsoring is currently extremely worthless

I ran a 60k sponsor and got a top of 25 players mannnn fix asap

5 Likes

25 is VERY low for a 60k sponsor. Even though sponsors are worthless right now, you should still be able to get 100-1000 concurrent players if your game can maintain them.

4 Likes

25 is kinda an exaggeration. My point was that it was just tremendously lower compared to past sponsorships

3 Likes

I think this issue is due to the HUGE amount of sponsored games flying around roblox

Also, many sponsored games are simulators, clothing stores, tycoons, etc. (which are boring and repetitive for many users)

1 Like

It’s because they only show in 4 sorts. It also happened to be that the sorts they do display on are further down the games page, rendering them even more useless.

4 Likes

Any of you guys have any good alternatives to release a game in the meantime?
To be honest I dunno what to do, been wanting to release for like 2 weeks.

Advertisements seem okay, but only work for PC players, we need those mobile players too : (

4 Likes

Can you tell me how much you usually get? I Just want to know how successful sponsors/advertisements are—you seem like a person that would know. I want to spend 200k Robux; how many concurrent players, and how far up the charts would that get a game? It’s not an original game—it’s an obby; but, it’s marginally better than the most popular obby with 10k concurrent players, and has some original mechanics. I’ve seen fully-copied games with hundreds of concurrent players; it seems like once a game gets high enough in the charts in a specific and popular category it has players regardless of quality. Further, would a game with 1k concurrent players but 50k visits (as a new game) get ranked higher than another game with 100 players but millions of visits? Anyways, I would appreciate your expertise on even a single one of my questions, thanks.

2 Likes

The amount you spend on an ad doesn’t directly correlate to the amount of concurrent players your game will have, or the robux players will spend. A good game can ‘front-page’ with the developer only spending a few thousand robux. A bad game (or bad marketing strategy) can peak at 30 concurrent after spending 100k on ads. Start small, if you see good results then spend more. If you don’t have a return on investment for 10,000 robux, definitely don’t spend 100,000.

(good/bad as in playability & conversion; not whether you personally think its fun)

3 Likes

I’ll be 100% honest here…
Ads/sponsoring isn’t worth it, at all.
Sponsoring doesn’t do anything pretty much.

Ads, you need a lot of Robux for even 10 people to see it, plus other ads drown it out.

2 Likes

True. Whenever I see a sponsored game, I just ignore it. It doesn’t have anything else significant other than it saying sponsored. It ended up being treated as any other game I see.

3 Likes

Roblox ads and sponsors, in my opinion, are more useful for starting out games than they are for maintaining your community or long-term growth. This is because the cost-per-click is typically going to be higher than what your average player may net you. If you are spending more than 3 robux per click on sponsors there is something significantly wrong. ie in the OP the text isn’t easy to read once it’s scaled-down & it’s not appealing.

You shouldn’t be relying on ads to grow your game, but the quality of your game. There’s a reason you don’t really see ads for the biggest games on Roblox. Ideally, your game should create an experience that the players would want to invite friends or keep coming back to. Having active players & filling player slots is how your game gets to the ‘Recommended For You’ and ‘Friends Playing’ sections on the roblox homepage (imo the most valuable game sort to be in)

5 Likes

What is the difference between Clicks and Attributed Plays?
And why does it have higher numbers than clicks itself?

4 Likes

Clicks = People who just click your ad or sponsor
Attributed Plays = People who have seen your ads or sponsors and also clicked the green play button

Attributed plays is higher because that number combines people that played after clicking & people who have just seen your ads within the past 28 days then played your game. Attributed plays is somewhat misleading. As someone can scroll past and never actually notice your ad, then 2 weeks later they join from recommendation & become an attributed play.

5 Likes

Well fellas, it’s been a month and a half. Its honestly extremely depressing that no one from staff has decided to reply to this huge problem affecting nearly all developers. Is there anything that can be done about this?

10 Likes

I’m still wondering if they will even do anything about it.

In the mean time what alternatives would we have to get our game out there? Advertisements maybe?

2 Likes

I want to see how effective advertisements are compared to sponsors, so I might experiment a bit.

1 Like

No need, I just tried to do a small scale advertising campaign to compare. Advertisements are about 2x less affective than sponsors. Advertisements on the weekend also are suffering greatly because people are only mainly running only adverts right now.

2 Likes

So does that mean that even though sponsors are extremely bad right now, they still perform better than advertisments?

2 Likes

Nah, Sponsors are beyond worthless right now. Advertisements are not THAT bad, but they’re not ideal. Just expect half the players you’d normally get with a sponsor when you advertise.

2 Likes

Damn, it’s almost like Roblox doesn’t care at all. They push out these awful updates that benefit the developers in no way, and instead of listening to any feedback, they completely ignore any criticism until the whole situation fizzles out. Not to say that every update is bad, because there have been some good ones recently too, but it seems like the cons are starting to outweigh the pros. What are we going to do with all these cool new studio features? Twiddle our thumbs and hope a couple friends join our game? Because there sure aren’t many ways to get more than a few people on your game without giving an arm and a leg for monetization. The lack of transparency and communication between Roblox and its developers is disgusting.

9 Likes