Starfleet Command → Frequent Questions

𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗙𝗟𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦

Information below outlines and describes frequent questions we have received from our player base. If your question does not appear below or is not answered in any of the documentation provided in the Starfleet Handbook, contact an officer on our communications server.

𝗘𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗧 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬 : Starfleet Command.

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟭: How do I become a Starfleet Cadet?
In order to become a Starfleet Cadet, you must successfully pass the Starfleet Entrance exam; the minimum passing mark is 80%. Once you have passed, you will be automatically ranked to First Year Cadet. To take the Entrance Exam, join this game here.

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟮: How do I get promoted from First Year Cadet?
To advance from First Year Cadet, attend a Cadet Training. Cadet trainings are hosted at these designated times at the Training Grounds; join this game here during hosted times.

:calendar: 𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗗𝗨𝗟𝗘:
𝗧𝗛𝗨𝗥𝗦𝗗𝗔𝗬 : Cadet Training at 4:00 PM CST.
𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗔𝗬: Cadet Training at 3:00 PM CST.

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟯: How do I become an officer?
Once a Petty Officer 1st Class, you are given the opportunity to enter the Command Training Program which will educate and challenge you on the basis of leadership and command. Once you complete and successfully pass the program, you will be commissioned as an Ensign; this includes if you are in a branch with a corresponding role of Petty Officer 1st Class; you must complete the CTP either way.

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟰: What can I do to prepare for the Command Training Program?
Key topics to know for the CTP include: general knowledge of operations and how Starfleet Command operates; be able to lead teams in complex scenarios; problem solving and tactical alertness.

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟱: How do I advance in rank as an officer?
Once you are an officer, you do no longer use XP to rank-up. You are promoted on basis of activity, on merit, honor and through the attendance of events and command meetings. Asking or hinting for a promotion will negatively affect your chances of receiving one.

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝟲: Why do I need to be a Second Year Cadet?
If you are looking to enter the Operations branch, you do not need to become a Second Year Cadet. If you are looking to tryout or apply for Security or Intelligence, you must be a Second Year Cadet. Due to Security and Intelligence being more demanding, having knowledge under your belt (through becoming a Second Year Cadet) will benefit you greatly. To view all requirements for what you want to enter, view the Branch Application Information document here.

Best Regards,
Chief of Starfleet