Stealth a game by DermonDarble and 101PILOT

Passing note, the knife being a one hit kill is ridiculous.

I’m here hitting a guy with a sword 4 or 5 times and he one shots me with a knife. It’s not even a backstab with a knife. You can literally just hit them anywhere.

Read some of these replies.

People seem to not know what the roblox target audience is…

But yeah, you’re right. Mindless repetition (Murder, Pizza Game, Tycoon) would NEVER do well for the roblox community…

Will definitely try to improve maps.

I’ve been working on a nicer combat system with blocking and stuff for a different game that I’m planning to possibly put into Stealth.

It’s a neat game for sure, animations are great, parkour is cool, and it’s pretty well set up

but it’s called ‘stealth’

from what I played it’s just free for all killing, no one is trying to be stealthy, they’re just running around murdering everything

and while the parkour is really good, it feels like a gimmick, almost no one uses it because it’s easier to just run around as fast as you can one-hitting everyone that passes by

just my two cents

4 Likes

Some suggestions:

Force combat to be “a nearby target” instead of “the area in front of you.” Especially if you’re doing server-side hit-detection, “the area in front of you” can feel really awkward.

Give a bigger incentive to hide. In AC, this was done by having one team be unable to kill anyone, only stun and run away. While this might not work for this game, right now there’s really no reason to not just be running constantly.

Going along those lines, just remove the sword. If it’s a Stealth game, why is there an open combat weapon?

I feel a lot of these comments are forgetting the game is a tech demo, and that’s acceptable due to the quality of the game. However, is a tech demo. They are testing out the mechanics, and nothing is final. For ask we know, they could completely rewrite it. For an alpha, I think it’s great. Combat is a key component, and more incentive to Stealth is highly recommended. Other than that, performance could use a little with as npcs would suddenly freeze in place, yet my internet is 10ms ping with 90mbps up/down. As for solving that… I’m not your guy.

And that’s exactly why people should be giving feedback: so they have ideas for when they go to make updates

One thing to note is that, if you’re trying to copy Assassin’s Creed mechanics there are a few things you should note.

Assassin’s Creed multiplayer assigned you targets with portraits and gave you more points for silent kills. Meaning running around on the rooftops would not get you any points.

Assassin’s Creed “Hidden Blade/Stab” mechanic was an animation that locked players with respect to each other. Too often do I find myself stabbing someone with hidden blade and the hit didn’t register. The way it should work is that if you’re within Hidden Blade range and you hit the attack, it animates you stopping the enemy player from moving and stabbing them to prevent this weird back and forth movement.

4 Likes

I would love to see some Stealth action with Stealth, and would love to see some nice assassination cutscenes (with invulnerability of course).
It’ll look totally rad and canon to the original.

I’m busy working on a new map that should have a lot more alleyways and stuff to hide behind/in.

Looking promising! A powerful drop attack could give some incentive to parkour. Strong guards that patrol the streets would also force more stealth.

3 Likes

Snipers.

Nothing demands more stealth than not getting shot by snipers.

1 Like