(Still) Need help with character rotation!

I’ve already half-posted this but since nobody has answered recently, I decided to give an update.

I’m working on a VR Module but I have to make the character rotation face the same way as the characters (vr) head.

The character gets an extra head, and two hand stubs for the vr helmet and the hands. The hands and head work perfectly, including my grabbing system.
The problem im having is that AutoRotate is off (it’s too fast, and you shouldnt have to turn your character with the thumbstick manually anyway) and when I turn with the code supplied, it turns faster the more I turn (y axis only!)

My code is hooked up to a remote event, which gets fired by a RenderStepped function inside a localscript.

The serverscript controls the head movement (listed with the “-- main problem!” comment.)

character.Humanoid.AutoRotate = false
character.Head.Transparency = 1
character.Head.CanCollide = false
humanoid.WalkSpeed = 10
RightHand.CFrame = (cam*CFrame.new(rh.p*2))*CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(rh:ToEulerAnglesXYZ())
LeftHand.CFrame = (cam*CFrame.new(lh.p*2))*CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(lh:ToEulerAnglesXYZ())
Head.CFrame = (cam*CFrame.new(head.p*2))*CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(head:ToEulerAnglesXYZ())
look = Head.Orientation
character.HumanoidRootPart.RootJoint.C0 = CFrame.new(0,0,0) * CFrame.Angles(0,math.rad(look.Y),0) -- main problem!

(The last line is the problem)

Warning: Video has extremely fast flashing lights, if you are sensitive I wouldn’t advise clicking on it.
Also, the video was recorded with virtual desktop inside Oculus, thats why my cursor is shaky lol

Anyway, if you can help, please do so!

The Game

this is all about root part below I have no idea why the formatting is messed up but you get the point

local function calculateSeatOffset(character)

local seatOffset = 0

local humanoidRootPart = character:FindFirstChild("HumanoidRootPart")
if humanoidRootPart then
            local rootAttachment = humanoidRootPart:FindFirstChild("RootRigAttachment")
	if rootAttachment then
           		seatOffset = seatOffset - rootAttachment.Position.Y
	end
end

local lowerTorso = character:FindFirstChild("LowerTorso")
if lowerTorso then
            local rootAttachment = lowerTorso:FindFirstChild("RootRigAttachment")
	if rootAttachment then
           		seatOffset = seatOffset + rootAttachment.Position.Y
	end

local hipAttachment = lowerTorso:FindFirstChild("LeftHipRigAttachment") or lowerTorso:FindFirstChild("RightHipRigAttachment")
	if hipAttachment then
		seatOffset = seatOffset - hipAttachment.Position.Y
	end
end

also link to post

im using r6, not r15. i dont think i can use that because i dont want to make any huge changes to the avatars. besides, certain animation packs could collide with the head and look very awkward.

ill try to convert it to semi r15 just for testing purposes.

oh, well then I have the same problem as you. hmmm I wonder whats wrong

Maybe, you could just set a invisible part to the head cframe, and then Get the parts orientation, on the Y Axis, and then set the humanoid root part Y axis orienation to that.