- Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
Stopping a Play Solo session while one of a WeldConstraint’s parts are parented to nil will crash studio.
( EDIT: This will also crash a server instance when it’s closed in studio. )
- How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.
This crash can be reproduced reliably. Start a new project and create a script in workspace with the following source:
local p = Instance.new("Part", workspace) local d = Instance.new("Part") local w = Instance.new("WeldConstraint", p) w.Part0 = p w.Part1 = d
Hit Play Solo on studio and then stop the session. This should cause a crash.
- Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
This happens on the latest version of studio as of posting this.
- When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
I don’t know. I experienced this on the latest version of studio.
- Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
Running on Windows 10.