Stopping game clone exploit

Hello, I am looking to see how I can stop an exploit that copies games. For an example, they try to copy the map with an exploit and they get kicked. How would that be detected?

1 Like

It wouldn’t,

Anything done on the client ultimately the player controls. Roblox automatically replicates the workspace to the client. So someone can take any model and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Generally a “cloned” game won’t function properly because it would have no server scripts. But that doesn’t stop Model stealing.

1 Like

As to what elonrocket said, this is true. If you would like to make that process harder of them cloning the game, you could enable chunk loading/streaming enabled so they cannot get the entire game in one go.

1 Like

My friend exploits, and he said when he was copying a map it kicked him

With enough effort and time (and a bit of smart), you can disable any client anticheat, which includes preventing downloading.

1 Like

Even if you implement a script that will kick someone, as I said ultimately it’s on the client and the client can disable scripts that will kick them.

Yes, I see, but I really just want to know how I would detect downloading

I can’t help you there, possibly something like AncestryChanged but again there is really nothing you can do about it.

I suggest you read these posts:

1 Like