Strange part stretching visual glitches

Reproduction Steps
To see this glitch, join the game: generic roleplay gaem. - Roblox

System information is irrelevant, as this is affecting all players in live servers.

I have created a repro file with the affected house models:
visual glitching.rbxl (102.5 KB)

Expected Behavior
I expect the houses to render normally with no visual glitches.

Actual Behavior
Here are pictures of the affected houses displaying the visual glitch:

Short video showing the visual glitch in-game:
robloxapp-20220126-1223576.wmv (3.3 MB)

This is severely impacting my playerbase’s ability to enjoy the game, as the visual glitches can extend the entire map and obstruct their view of the world. As a result, our concurrent player count has been reduced by 30-40% from normal and average visit length has also decreased.

This glitch started showing up 1 week ago. I did not update the game before this visual glitch started happening; I did try to revert to a previous version from weeks ago but the glitch is still happening.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-01-22 00:01:00 (-08:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-01-26 00:01:00 (-08:00)

12 Likes

It looks like this is caused by the humanoid + the nested truss parts.

Removing the truss parts will solve the issue. In the meantime you could try replacing them with ladders built out of parts.

As a general note, using humanoids in this way is very bad practice. There have been weird issues in the past with climbing trusses inside of humanoid models. Characters needing to interact with larger models that are also “characters” is historically poorly supported and iffy at best.

8 Likes

Thank you, this was the issue!

Fortunately the humanoid was a relic of the old system I used, I removed the humanoid and any references to it and the issue has been resolved.

4 Likes

I removed the solution because there is a still a bug with the engine here, but I’m glad you’re able to resolve this in a nice way for your game. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I believe we’re experiencing this too. I’m having trouble reproducing but since yesterday we have had a few users report black lines randomly appearing.

We utilise TrussParts quite heavily and can’t remove them without serious game surgery. :frowning:

Here’s a few screenshots and videos of the bug in action.

1 Like

With a full day of the fix applied, I am noticing the same visual glitch has come back, even without the Humanoid issues. I also think it’s the trusses.

Hopefully this is something Roblox engineers can take a look at.

1 Like

Hello! I can’t observe this issue. Please open a new report if you still happen to see it.

2 Likes

Should have been fixed approximately 20 days ago. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 8 days. New replies are no longer allowed.