Stream Out Behavior: New Property for Streaming Enabled

I hope this functionality will be reactivated quickly because I really need it.

The current plan is to enable stream out behavior next week. There is a related fix that can’t be enabled until next week unfortunately.

16 Likes

That’s great news to hear, I’m currently just using RobloxStudioModManager to finish what I need for this feature. Now will this be enabled just as a beta feature or will it be released into Live Games?

2 Likes

Looking forward to this! Current “Don’t unload until memory is full” is causing a fair bit of players on lower end PC to crash despite on Auto Graphics. Hopefully stream out will be the solution!

4 Likes

Is there anything new regarding this feature?

4 Likes

Any update? My game is in a severe need of a proper StreamingEnabled stream out feature.

6 Likes

This feature is now enabled globally again. As a reminder Workspace.StreamOutBehavior must be set to Opportunistic for the new behavior to be active.

11 Likes

Awsome news, already enabled this feature at our city and the performance improvements are outstanding. Thank you!

Glad to hear, my game will run flawlessly with my new 3070 arriving soon :upside_down_face:

Works great! Performance is through the roof now, which I’m sure my players will enjoy! Thank you!

Is it possible to increase the maximum size of a place? With this feature, it is possible to create a huge open-world map now. However, a map that is about 100-150 MB heavy cannot be published to ROBLOX.

This is amazing news, I have been waiting for this for a while now! The update is a major improvement for low end devices, although the render distance seems to be the same regardless of device specs. It would be nice to have a render distance slider for clients, or at least the means to create one for adjustments by the user during runtime.

2 Likes

Just testing out with our game, this feature works incredibly well.

We had a previous issue with how roblox handles streaming and rendering, causing a lot of lag when looking afar.

now it is completely GONE!, I am able to obtain full 60fps across the whole map at all times. Thank you so much!

You should probably try optimizing more by removing some detail objects and converting some part-made buildings (especially repeated ones) into meshes with LODs.

Our game, Deepwoken, is having some trouble with this update. We load our characters into a box underneath the map and then stream their spawn location in before teleporting them to it.

if workspace.StreamingEnabled then
  Player:RequestStreamAroundAsync(spawnCF.p)
end

HRP.CFrame = spawnCF

Since Opportunistic streaming was re-enabled last night, players have been spawning under floors, presumably due to the map not loading in in time. This is despite our usage of RequestStreamAroundAsync, which should be yielding until the map is ready.

Unfortunately, since it relies on client bandwidth, this bug is difficult to test, but from observation it seems like players are being dropped into the map well before it’s actually loaded, so RequestStreamAroundAsync isn’t yielding properly.

Opportunistic is currently enabled in one of our places but not the other. We only seem to be having issues with the former.

EDIT: We’ve since disabled Opportunistic and this behaviour has stopped happening as a result.

5 Likes

I am experiencing an issue since enabling the stream out behaviour where a player’s own character parts aren’t always being replicated to them. It’s quite difficult to reproduce this as it happens very randomly and is usually fixed after a respawn, however it is causing problems for my game. I have since disabled Opportunistic which solves the issue.

What client sees:

What server sees:

7 Likes

This was happening on my game only when the CameraType was set to scriptable, I don’t see why you’re getting this weird behaviour if you’re using the Roblox camera system.

1 Like

On The performance side of things, this is wonderful! it works as it should in that perspective. However, it has unfortunately broke all of our buses from being replicated properly to other players

Uploading: image.png…

other players that are driving vehicles also fail to load.

We’re using Opportunistic streaming behavior and wondering if there is a potential work around?

1 Like

We are also encountering these issues with our cars and using streamOut. The cars are fine if they are spawned in within your view, but if you are not nearby when its loaded or if you stream it out and back in, when you interact with the car the behaviour shown below happens.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/210040310917496832/961745302782623794/car_bug.mp4

Will there eventually be options to keep certain models/positions in space from being streamed out? I have a system that clones the player’s character and takes the CurrentCamera to a location far from the player’s actual character to inside of a “customization room”. To deal with this with StreamingEnabled, I fire player:RequestStreamAroundAsync(position) so the player can see this area. However, with Opportunistic streaming, this area streams out, even after firing player:RequestStreamAroundAsync(position).

3 Likes