[DEPRECATED] StreamX - Reduce lag and prevent map cloning

Will StreamX ever support parts with meshes and baseplate?

1 Like

Possibly. But not baseplates since you can’t really unrender a baseplate without falling through the map into the void.

2 Likes

Hello!

I have some more feedback on StreamX,
I used my trash garbage surface go 2 graphics card, I tested this in my game and my FPS went from 10 to 25 FPS while playing the game, so yes this works really well!

1 Like

how much do you envision this service to cost? monthly membership? year plan? Scaled depending not he size(plrCount) of the game?

Also, have you(or anyone) tested performance vs Culling service?

Thank you for making this!

as of right now it is free and will remain free for our grandfathered beta testers although in the future it will cost money, probably $1.99 per hour per server (or something like that).

Im not too sure what that is, would you mind sending me a link so i can test the performance?

no problem!

2 Likes
2 Likes

It seems that Culling Service is for the client side, not the server side and therefore will not have the performance that StreamX has.

2 Likes

It’s quite impressive for a client-sided streaming module. Here try out their showcase game. CullingService Testing - Roblox

3 Likes

Sure, although if a player doesn’t have a very powerful client, it could do more harm than good. But it is pretty impressive, although getting it working is pretty difficult (there are several things that need to go in different folders).

4 Likes

When is beta over? Luckily I’m one of the beta testers for this.

Probably once it’s good enough and we have a payment source ready.

1 Like

This seems like it could definitely be useful for more performance on the client… but I just have a few questions;

• Why does it need an external server? What can the server do that the game server can’t?
  • Why isn’t this just client-side?
  • Why shouldn’t I use this over StreamingEnabled?

Please bring back the old logo looked way better, Ty!

According to the OP and some people in this thread it is better for performance.

1 Like

Maybe the external server has more resources or is just more optimized.

2 Likes

Yeah, our server is highly optimized and delivers better performance that what Roblox offers

1 Like

From what I can tell, it seems to me that your highly optimized code is doing nothing but distance checks, which I think a normal Roblox server (or the player’s own device) would be perfectly capable of doing.

Also, is there some sort of demo place, where we can compare performance between StreamX and StreamingEnabled?

Yes, I had a demo place which seems as if it was never added to the topic.

2 Likes

I will make one with StreamingEnabled when I’m home

1 Like

Could you upload the place file (without the API keys and such)? I can’t finish the form to compare the two because it thinks I own a game I am preparing to publish.

2 Likes