Studio Beta for Experience Controls Available Now

Do you normally have ingamemenuv2 when playing roblox games? I managed to reproduce this by having ingamemenuv2 enabled and “FFlagEnableInGameMenuChrome” set to “True”

Now you got the worst of both worlds. I think that’s what Roblox really intended for.

1 Like

This is my top bar I want feedback for it

What’s s good place for the nine dots
  • Middle
  • Place is good
  • Right
  • Left
  • Down left
  • Down right
  • Other pls tell me

0 voters

This UI is absolutely hideous. Im sorry, but I have to give my opinion.

I understand the mobile padding, but why is it on computers…
There should the same amount of space the top and side. Which means, push it over to the left just as much as the top.

Similar to the cube logo, push that a bit. to the right.

Now, make it smaller, I know you want to keep it like the standard, but it will affect many experiences like my own. I will need to be doing MAJOR reworks to my UI. It will take days for me assuming I didn’t have school. Since I do, it can take week for me.

Plus, I rely on TopbarPlus to show additional data about my expeirence. That will now look hideous, considering a ton of experiences use it.

I hear @ForeverHD is apparently taking a break from software development, meanwhile I have been focusing on my Swift apps.

Please make this similar to how you are doing TextChatService, where you add an opt in toggle. This will fix EVERYTHING! Also, please fix the padding.

Thank you for considering my feedback, if you would like to get my email for additional feedback, please private message me on the Devforum.

Sincerely Will.

5 Likes

The top padding appears to have been increased. (Ignore the custom buttons to the right of the menu toggle I added those myself)

Alternatively they could give us a way to use :SetCore to adjust the topbar Y scale, similarly to how we used to have StarterGui:SetCore("TopbarEnabled", bool) to hide the background when it used to be opaque years ago, with reasonable limits like 30 - 50 or something. This could also be a way to allow us to choose where the menu in the top right is displayed - if false keep it default, if true force it to display next to the roblox button or something.

2 Likes

Hi, When there’ll be a Topbar and Mobile Movement Mode Controls built for Left-handed users like me? Since nobody has ever asked this, I’m taking this opportunity to ask this now!

1 Like

I’m reworking UIShelf at the moment and will likely be the replacement for TB+

The last thing I have to implement is the collapsible menus, otherwise its a 1:1 copy of the actual CoreGui.

8 Likes

Hey there!

Not sure if this has been reported yet or if I am missing something but it seems like a recent update has thrown off where GuiService.TopBarInset.Min.X is positioned at. In a fresh baseplate using the code excerpt you provided the Frame created to visualize the inset now goes all the way to the left of the screen instead of to the right of the left button.

Example:
https://gyazo.com/3b5ffa5fb1ca63593f8cff9fdce01178

Note: The offset on the right of the screen is still positioned properly and does adjust accordingly when the button is selected.

I enjoy the new design and am excited to see it go live!

3 Likes

I saw yesterday that there a padding above the top bar is I made a custom topbar but it is now not sync with the new top bar

it kinda shows both because somehow there’s a mouse in the phone

1 Like

maybe on the bottom left corner

it’s been over half a month, it’s still not adressable via CoreGuiType

I made a custom chat button with @0Shank

With massage counter and toggle chat and fill the button if it is open if I set the chat disabled disable it the core chat button then it the whole chat

Code credits to @0Shank (I customized the code)

Hello, just a quick update: A fix for this issue is rolled out with Studio 595.

6 Likes

Is it possible get GuiService.TopbarInset to be accessible / set correctly in live servers without beta enabled? I would like to write future proof code that is ready for the live release, but it’s annoying because GuiService.TopbarInset is set to 0, 0, 0, 0 in live servers.

1 Like

you can set fflags iirc but for some reason the apis don’t work

1 Like

Okay, I do feel that this could have been executed better.

Safety Icon: Triggers Abuse Report Shortcut

This honestly doesn’t make sense to me. It’s doesn’t even reduce the amount of clicks a user needs to execute to get there. Here’s what I mean:

Before it would take 2 clicks to get to the report abuse form (1 to open the menu, 1 to hit the report tab).

After it STILL takes two clicks to get to the same feature (1 to open the MRU, 1 to hit the report abuse button).

The point is that I believe the Safety Icon is redundant, and while I understand any reasons for adding it, overall, it takes up a slot on the MRU without improving user experience effectively.

Speaking of the MRU… it also could have been done better.

MRU (Most Recently Used) Slots

The whole menu seems more clunky this way, with users needing to actually press one more time to access the 3-dot menu:

Before, you had to press the 3-dot menu icon, and the display would appear. (1 click)

After, you press the Collapsible Menu button, press the 9-dot menu, and then you got the actual menu. (2 clicks).

9-Dot Menu

The only complaint I have is that the Text Chat button is kept here now. It’s probably the most used feature on a Roblox game, so I’d recommend leaving it as a dedicated button.

Other than that, I really like the idea of being able to add our own buttons to the 9-Dot menu. I do wonder, however, how you’d deal with, say, 7 buttons in the 9-Dot menu. Maybe a carousel or a ScrollingFrame?

Other than that, everything else seems fine to me. I get the height increase of 36-58 pixels, as I myself have had trouble hitting the buttons fast.

How I would do it

I’m not a great UI designer, so take this with as much credibility as you wish.

9-Dot Menu

Keep it accessible by the 3-Dot button in the top bar, and replace the 3-Dot icon with the new Collapsible Menu icon, and also add the API for developers to add options to the menu. To intergrate MRU slots, order the buttons by most used. This way, you have the subtle MRU feature in the 3-Dot menu without the menu becoming too clunky.

I haven’t touched on this in my critque, but I’m happy to see the voice chat and camera controls moved away from the in-game character. My suggestion here is to add a button to the 3-Dot menu (or 2) to toggle the settings. These buttons could function the same as the Leaderboard button, with it’s icon showing it’s state, or open up a dedicated panel entirely.

Recap

I get the need for UX improvements, and I understand developer backlash here. The MRU seems really clunky, but I do appreciate the 9-Dot’s planned API for adding buttons.

1 Like

For the report function, there is Players:ReportAbuse()

nothing for the bans yet, unfortunately. Several good modules do exist though.

1 Like

No

Absolutely love the new UI - an overhaul was long overdue. It will, of course, ruin a lot of existing developer UI, but it should allow us more flexibility & more tightly integrated UI going forward.

On the subject of flexibility, I trust the ability to hide the new controls will be exposed via SetCoreGuiEnabled? I’m sure the lack of mention was simply an oversight, however some clarification would be greatly appreciated.

In main menus, for example, we have no purpose for voice chat or self view icons (the character hasn’t been loaded in, after all!) and in single player experiences it’s a downright waste of space for the report abuse button to be featured in such a prominent area (it’s the same number of clicks to access the report tab of the escape menu, anyways.)

While I’m a huge advocate for the uniformity of the new controls, they are not one-size-fits-all and it’s untellably important to allow developers to disable certain controls - as well as the collapsible menu as a whole.

1 Like