Studio crashes upon opening baseplate

For the past couple of weeks ROBLOX has been crashing upon start up (dialog box pops up saying ROBLOX needs to quit). I’m simply opening up a Baseplate and it’ll crash either instantly or within a few seconds. I did a clean install of ROBLOX and I don’t even have any plugins. Any suggestions? Working is nearly impossible.

5 Likes

Also running into this issue with my studio. I can’t open any place new or previously saved, nor on my own or in team create, without it crashing in under 20 seconds.

3 Likes

When posting a bug report, be sure to try to have this information in it so engineers will be able to trace the source more easily;

• What version of studio are you running?
  • What OS are you using?
  • Is the game team create?
3 Likes

This happens to me occasionally (that being like every other time I open Studio) too. Running the latest version of Studio, Windows 10, the games aren’t team create.

1 Like

If Studio is crashing (“An unexpected error has occurred”), then go to %localappdata%/Roblox/logs and send me the .dmp file with a timestamp similar to when you experienced the crash. I’m unable to reproduce the issue here, so this will help us out!

3 Likes

We just enabled some fixes for Studio, hopefully the crash rate would be lower. And the problem in your post seems to be one of them:-)
If you still have same crash issue, please provide the log and dump file, thanks:-)

5 Likes

Thanks! Seems to have fixed my issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.