Studio Design Refresh - Updated Icons & High DPI Capabilities

Yes… Dark Mode… looks a lot better… especially on the eyes

I see they couldn’t touch/change Dev Plug-Ins… which is Thankful

Only problem is I have “too many” Plugins… and can’t see them all
I can see the 1st 16 and the last 16 (if I click right arrow)
But the problem is… there is about 3 or 4 others … in the middle
Which can’t be accessed - Anyone have a solution for this ?

Would be nice if there was a “Drop-Down Menu” for Global Plugin Viewing

1 Like

I’ll take a look myself and get back to you. just checked, couldn’t even find the new icons let alone the old ones

Just got the update, and it’s a little weird for me… Has anyone made a custom icon pack that puts back the old icons yet?

1 Like

Regardless of people’s opinion on the looks (I personally love them), I can confirm that these icons are way more accessible for those of us with myopia. Big thank you to the team which took note of this issue and released a fix for it!

Check my post history. I uploaded the classic icons.

Yes, a better overall layout for the plugins tab would be great. I like the larger icons, but having to use the arrows on the side is pretty messy (not helped by the fact that the scrolling animation is insanely jittery, which makes it hard to tell where you are)

Would it be hard to allow us to customize the plugins tab (size, position, etc)?

2 Likes

I had this bug too, mine was displaced worse than your video example. I was confused why I couldn’t select a part it kept selecting a neighboring part.

To work around this problem, i had to edit the studio icon properties and set dpi override to ‘system’

Then my pointer selected where it is aimed properly.

1 Like

I tried that before, and I couldn’t get it to work. Tried it for this roblox version and it still didn’t work. I edited both roblox icons to System DPI. It doesnt select parts, drag right, nor click on my plugin’s guis

1 Like

You can definitely design individual icons for the remaining value instances, as the Vanilla icon set has.

They look pretty good. Though a few like the team test and replicated storage look off to me. The leg just is too curvy (lol) I don’t know how to describe it.

Nice update, but how is the Apple Silicon native Studio going?

I hadn’t been working on anything lately due to school, but I just have to comment sooner or later:

I really like the material aesthetic this revision of the icons is going for.

However, I really don’t like some of the GUI Element Icons. In my opinion, most of them look out of place with the other icons.

As to why, I feel it’s just how hollow the specific (and most used) few look/are.
For example: To me, Frames look like a wireframe toggle switch now.

• UICorner is very nice, it’s straightforward.
  • UIStroke looks like a bootleg of UIListLayout.
  • ImageLabel is very hot, love it.
  • ImageButton/TextBox/TextButton are personally iffy in my eyes. Especially TextBox, it just… Looks weird.

Anyways, enough rant; it’s still a choice to use this.
Good efforts this time round!

Cheers.

Honestly way better than the first “revamp” for the icons. This is way easier to read and differentiate everything in studio.

yeah it must be something about the screen size

so, I would recommend going to C:\Users(aint leaking anything lmao)\AppData\Local\Roblox Studio\ExplorerIcons and then opening “_classImageRef”, then all the icons are there, copy and save each image into a folder and then setting them as custom icons, make sure they’re 16x16, the images in “_classImageRef” are already 16x16, I haven’t done this myself but it seems like it would work

Wao very nice icons indeed… Totally gonna be useful when I can’t even publish any updates to my game because of union corruption, which still doesn’t seem to have been fixed…

if you know what union it is delete it, otherwise import everything to a new place and update stuff there and publish it to your existing game

if you know what union it is delete it

It’s like finding a needle in a haystack. Kinda difficult to pinpoint the exact one.

import everything to a new place and update stuff there and publish it to your existing game

I’ve already tried that, it just says “failed to upload union, exceeded limit”.

ah, alright those are my fixes gone

oh well, thanks for them anyway. Hopefully I can fix it soon.