Studio Freezes Upon Clicking The Play Button

For the last few days, when I click the Play button in Roblox Studio, the program completely freezes on me and I’m forced to close it. Luckily, autosave does save my work, but it’s still an annoyance.

There is no crash message, studio simply completely ceases up with the progress bar at the bottom stopping 50% in.

27 Likes

Yeah it’s very intermittent. I have probably got it once a day this past week but I have been blaming it on my internet. Got it today on a faster connection and someone else asked me if I got it so it seems to be a common issue.

7 Likes

My friend told me on Discord a little bit ago that his Studio is crashing as well.

I’m not entirely sure if it’s due to internet connection since this hasn’t happened at all this year until recently. Seems they’ve accidentally been breaking studio a lot lately, though.

1 Like

I have been getting this issue for the past week. I almost lost all of my progress due to this. Thankfully my game auto-saved, so I didn’t lose much.

2 Likes

I crashed a few times in a row only after making a minor change.

1 Like

I’ve been getting this issue all day today. And I am on a fast connection like @Usering

2 Likes

I’ve only started seeing this today. It seems to be a network issue because Studio takes forever to login (if it succeeds at all) afterwards. My connection is fine throughout the occurrence of the issue so it’s not due to my internet connection.

3 Likes

Can confirm. Half the time when play testing my progress bar will go halfway then crash.

1 Like

Between timing out on logging in, and crashing on pressing play… Studio is completely unusable for me right now.

1 Like

I can confirm as well, I’ve frozen (then eventually crashed) at least 3+ times today when trying to test out my game in studio.

1 Like

Can confirm. This is making studio unusable

1 Like

Only started seeing this today. Happened twice to me so far but hasn’t happened for a few hours.

Play Solo in a Team Create place.

2 Likes

I started experiencing this bug as well. I cannot figure out what I’m doing that’s causing it.

1 Like

It seems to occur mostly for me if I leave Studio running in the background for a bit (which I occasionally do since I create graphics and such in PaintDOTNet, which can take a few minutes to an hour or so.)

It also seems to be really common if you have two instances of Studio running.

1 Like

I’m trying to do some testing in studio and I think studio’s crashed for me something like 4-5 times in the past 15 minutes. It’s somewhat random but also regular enough that it’s making play testing a nightmare and practically unusable unless you’re willing to completely restart studio every couple of minutes.

2 Likes
  • Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

The Studio window begins loading Play Solo and then freezes. After a while, Windows tells me that Studio is not responding and I have no choice but to shut down the program.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

It seems random. Sometimes, I can work for an hour without anything happening, and other times it happens a few minutes after opening Studio. Entering and leaving Play Solo over and over for a while will ultimately cause it to happen.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.

Happens on all my places using the newest version of Studio.

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

Not too sure, I was not using Studio on this computer for almost as month as I was on vacation mostly all of July, however it has began occurring frequently from August 6th (when I got home) until now.

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

I use Studio on two different desktop computers, and on my other desktop, I can Play Solo from within the script editor. However on this desktop, they icon is grayed out and I am unable to click it or Play Solo by pressing F5 while inside the editor. Not sure if this is related, but it’s certainly interesting.

System specs:
Running Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.17134 x64-based
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 - software using latest version

Log file generated during Play Solo launch:
https://pastebin.com/hSmPaiC4

been having this happen for the last couple days. I’m frequently testing and lost about an hour’s worth of work to this.

1 Like

Sorry for the necrobump (was notified by someone liking the original post here), but I have the solution to this problem. It might have been fixed by now however.

All you have to do is simply disable Accurate Play Solo. APS no longer crashes 100% of my games that I test in, but if it’s a larger map with a lot of scripts, it’ll cause Studio to hang still.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.