Studio FULL SCREEN (v1.1)

Several years ago, this request was made to be able to turn off all Studio widgets easily:

As nothing was done, I created a script in AutoHotKey to workaround this need.
This script forces the necessary mouse clicks to easily close (and reopen) all previously opened windows (widgets), pressing Ctrl+F11:

In the video above, I pressed Ctrl+F11 to close all widgets. Then I pressed Ctrl+F11 to restore the previous layout.
Tip: You can also press F11 to get Studio’s native Full Screen (without the lower windows task bar and Studio window title).

INSTALL

1. Download and install AutoHotKey (version 1)
  2. Download and extract StudioFullScreen_1.1.zip (36.3 KB) in any place of your Windows
  3. Double-click StudioFullScreen.ahk to load the script

RUN

1. Open Studio
  2. Press Ctrl+F11 to enable the Full Screen in Studio
  3. Press Ctrl+F11 again to restore the previous opened windows/widgets

NOTES

1. This version only works for Studio in “Dark” theme
  2. If you want the script to run automatically on Windows startup: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | AutoHotkey
  3. You can make the screen even bigger by pressing F11 (Studio’s native FullScreen key).
14 Likes

Can I delete the StudioFullScreen folder after completing the installation?

No, the the files there are used by the script.

1 Like

It works, thanks for the awesome resource! Now I won’t have to remember which tabs were open and then open and close them all again. I will place the file in a different place.

But, I found a bug. I pressed Ctrl + F11, but after a few times of doing the same thing, my side windows don’t come back anymore. All that’s left is the top bar.

I tried restarting the studio, but nothing fixes the problem.

Another bug is that now when I open the tabs, only explorer turns off and on when I use the shortcut, but the other tabs don’t.

It seems your screen resolution is too low, because the widget icons are not showing expanded.

Yes, my screen resolution is: 1360x768

I made a 1.1 version to allow the script to work even with the icons reduced and also with the Studio window not completely maximized.
I changed the video and the zip file in the OP.
Download the file again and overwrite the current ones.
Please test and let me know if it works now.

1 Like

Wow this looks really cool thank u!!