Studio is not saving any preferences/layout/clearing plugins/not saving login information

This is incredibly frustrating, Studio is not saving ANY information. Every single time I open it (starting today) it forces me to sign in, go through 2FA (despite clicking remember this device for 30 days), then when I’m in, the entire layout is default, light theme, my script editor colors are gone, recent files list empty, plugins are all gone, etc.

This is on Windows 10, Ryzen 1700x, GTX 1070, 16GB DDR4 ram, I have 250GB free on my 900GB primary SSD where program files are stored and 1.65 TB free on my second SSD.

I have tried restarting my computer AND reinstalling studio and neither resulted in any improvement. Even just opening studio, signing in, changing studios theme, closing, and then re-opening doesn’t save the theme change or my login credentials. This is the case for both single player studio and team create (except team create doesn’t require a login every time).

Nothing else on my computer is behaving strangely like this.

15 Likes

Does this happen with Antivirus disabled and running Studio as an administrator? It sounds like something may be interfering with Studio’s ability to access saved preferences/data.

I don’t use any antivirus outside of windows defender, and this has never been an issue before.

I’m completely removing all roblox folders (aside from my actual game files) and then I’ll reinstall once more and then I’ll try running as administrator

1 Like

This exact thing is happening to me, too! I’ve had to go through 2FA five times in the past hour despite checking the “remember this device” box. It didn’t ever happen to me until today when I installed the latest Studio version. Now development is a chore because I have to manually switch back all of my preferences in Settings whenever I open a project.

2 Likes

Yeah ok so I’ve now completely removed both Roblox folders (Appdata and program files), restarted my computer, THEN reinstalled from scratch and it’s still occuring

1 Like

Is your computer part of a domain or a home server group?
Do you have Win10 Roaming Settings enabled on windows?

I’m just on a regular home network, and I don’t really know what roaming settings are but I don’t think so. This is all I could find in regards to that question. I’ve never explicitly enabled roaming so take that how you will

I’m also on a regular home network, and I’m using Windows 7 because I’m old-school like that. I don’t know what “roaming” refers to so I’ve never had any reason to enable/disable it.

2 Likes

In that case, please do the following:

• In the start menu, search for ‘regedit’
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Roblox->RobloxStudio
  • Right-click RobloxStudio and click ‘Export’
  • Save the result somewhere accessible
  • Right-click RobloxStudio again and click ‘Delete’

If that fixes your issue, send me the exported results!

This did not fix the issues :frowning:

Oddly, ROBLOX isn’t showing up for me on the list. My other software is all there.

Where is Roblox installed for you?

C:\Program Files (x86)\

Same as Xeno, C:\Program Files (x86)\

The second time I uninstalled and reinstalled, I deleted the Roblox folder from both Program Files (x86) and Appdata/Local, now though it doesn’t appear any Roblox folder has been re-created for the appdata location. Earlier when I deleted it also seemed oddly empty, I thought I remember a lot more stuff being stored there.

Does it work for you now that it’s in the Appdata/Local directory?

It’s not in the Appdata/Local Directory currently, there was some files there earlier but it didn’t contain the actual program itself

Should I try changing the Location of the roblox installation?

No, instead, can you try the same steps as before, but using HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

There’s no Roblox folder under the software folder of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

1 Like

Can you go to both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and do the following:

• Right-click on the key
  • Click ‘Permissions’
  • In the top list, click on your machine account name
  • Let me know if the account has ‘Full Control’ and ‘Read’
2 Likes

Both are Allow = true for HKEY_CURRENT_USER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE however doesn’t show my current user(only user) in the list. “Everyone” only has Read Allowed set to true, while “Administrators” has both allowed set to true.

1 Like