Studio lets you publish only once before erroring

Reproduction Steps
Publish to Roblox As once, then try it again.

This started happening just recently(no earlier than 2PM EST, I believe)

Expected Behavior
Let me republish as many times as I want

Actual Behavior

Errors in output:>

builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.NoYield:26: builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Thunks.LoadExistingPlaces:17: LoadExistingPlaces.parentGame must have a string name
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Thunks.LoadExistingPlaces:17
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.thunkMiddleware:10
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.Store:62
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.RoactRodux-9dcb3c30-f36097a9.Packages.RoactRodux.connect:130
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Components.ScreenChoosePlace:595
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Components.ScreenChoosePlace:165 function render
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Framework.ContextServices.mapToProps:88
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages.Framework.ContextServices.Consumer:59 function render
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:289 function __mount
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:334 function mountVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:88 function updateChildren
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:108 function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:292 function __mount
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:334 function mountVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:88 function updateChildren
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:108 function updateVirtualNodeWithRenderResult
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:292 function __mount
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:43 function replaceVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:215 function updateVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:67 function updateChildren
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:151 function updateFunctionVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:225 function updateVirtualNode
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.createReconciler:67 function updateChildren
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:455 function __resolveUpdate
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:393 function __update
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Roact-e3b370a8-ec68e60e.Packages.Roact.Component:161 function setState
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.RoactRodux-9dcb3c30-f36097a9.Packages.RoactRodux.connect:162
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.Signal:70 function fire
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.Store:125

Stack Begin
  Script 'builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.NoYield', Line 13 - function resultHandler
  Script 'builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.NoYield', Line 26 - function NoYield
  Script 'builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.Store', Line 124 - function flush
  Script 'builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Packages._Index.Rodux-0c3f252d-cdea578f.Packages.Rodux.Store', Line 46
  Stack End

Workaround
Have no choice but to reopen studio

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-07-30 00:07:00 (-04:00)

6 Likes

This is still happening, with the same studio error

6 Likes

Hi, thanks for the report! This is a known issue and we are working on a fix.

4 Likes

Do you know when this may be fixed? The studio bug is still happening for me

2 Likes

I have a solution.
press Windows key > search for roblox studio, then open it up from there manually.
After that, log out of the roblox studio and re log back in.

3 Likes

I tried that just now, unfortunately didnt work.

Really hoping roblox patches this, there isnt a reason for a bug of this type to exist for a full month

3 Likes

This is still happening to me, 3 months later. I must close studio and reopen the file to publish more than once. Even worse, I now have to close the studio from Task Manager because it refuses to let me close it normally(but it doesnt crash)

Video if the issue. First publish is always successful, second always breaks:

1 Like

Hello, @Alkan ! I let the engineers know about this issue. I believe this was fixed, but the fix had to be turned off, sadly. Will update you in the future about its status. Have a nice day!

3 Likes

Do you have an estimate for when this will be looked at? The issue is still happening. Really frustrating since I have to update multiple places at once and have to use task manager on each studio.

It’s curious because I can update several specific games in my universe in a row no problem, but if I update the others, its guaranteed to break after one update.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up again Alkan.

How often are you hitting this issue? We’re aware this freeze can happen when the publish place request fails but this should not be very frequent.

Apologies it has taken so long to fix the issue. We will look at it again in the next two weeks, and we may or may not have enough time to actually fix the issue. In the mean time, you will have to restart studio (or perhaps just reload the place) to resolve this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

It’s 100% predictable whether it will freeze up on me or not at the moment

For some reason I can always update [2 Player], [3 Player], [4 Player] without fault, but if I ever update the rest of the places, it will freeze. I haven’t been able to deduce what is special about those games.

It has also frozen for me even if I clicked the Publish As button but backed out without updating anything.

In the vid I run through updating games that never freeze up, and then go to one that always freezes up.

2 Likes

This issue is still happening, it has been 21 months. Do you know if a fix is coming soon?

Hi @Alkan,
Apologies for taking this long to look into this. We are unable to reproduce the issue from our side. You mentioned that it is 100% predictable for which game it will fail and the from logs you posted, it looks like it is happening to a particular game.
builtin_PublishPlaceAs.rbxm.PublishPlaceAs.Src.Thunks.LoadExistingPlaces:17: LoadExistingPlaces.parentGame must have a string name
Were you able to reproduce the issue for other games?

It happened not long ago while I was doing some other testing, outside of that game’s universe. Then I closed a couple studios(that were also jammed up) and the one I was actively working on unjammed, so I really don’t know whats happening. But 99% of the time its the same universe, I’m confident that testing that universe will jam up my studio while testing other games really wont.

I did just do a test where I made the same place jam up my studios, then closed that place and it unjammed everything. And like before, it asks me to log in again

So, to confirm, it is only happening for that particular universe?

Crap, I’m very sorry, I confused this issue with another issue I was having with studio freezing up, which is also only with this current universe/place file.

I can upload to my universe’s places multiples no problem, there hasn’t been any issues there for some months. I’m sorry for the mixup.

No problem. Thanks for confirming.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.