Studio Levels // Count hours, earn XP, and stay motivated!

This should help keep me much more focused on studio, now that there is something to work towards during the super tedious phases of development. Great idea, but maybe some customization to the ui and such?

1 Like

Really good idea however, it interferes with plugins like F3X.

Why is this the case? I canā€™t imagine that it would.

I donā€™t know the cause, however functions like Shift-X = Delete and other F3X specific keyboard shortcuts were not working.

Thank you for making me aware. I will work promptly to fix this.

Yea no problem, just a small bug however I like the idea of the plug-in thanks for it.

Im on Level 23 so far. Maybe 24 it was a while since I last checked. Very nice though!

1 Like

Nice plugin! Iā€™m going to check out and use this plugin in the future because I have a really cool game to work on and Iā€™m really passionate in but I find it hard to work on it because of worsened mental health from the coronavirus lock down.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I need. I havenā€™t been able to motivate myself sometimes, so I just slack off, but an xp system encouraging me to keep developing me is just what the doctor ordered. This is very helpful. Thank you.

Also, Iā€™d like to report an error in the output that Iā€™m getting. It reads:

ContextActionService:BindAction can only be called from a local script

Itā€™s coming from StudioLevels.Main, line 142. Appears in output every time.

Fixing as I am writing this, in this very moment O_O

Updates

• Anti-afk system
  • XP value changed from 10 XP per minute to 25
  • Leveling root cap adjusted from the 0.8th power to 0.5th
  • Version now visible on plugin window
  • Plugin no longer interferes with binds from other plugins
  • Fixed a rare bug where you would not be able to move while playtesting, or use any other input
  • Fixed the error in the output log that would print whenever playtesting

cc: @GalaxyGourmet @S2xon

7 Likes

Been having a very nice time using this since my last reply. This concept is so cool! Canā€™t wait to see the next updates. Anyone higher level than me? Leave a reply please, I wanna know :wink:

1 Like

In the Discord server, user @Coldshot_Dev reached level 100 before the update, and when the update released, it booted them back down to 57.

2 Likes

Oh damn! Thatā€™s a high level. That happened to me too, recently have installed your update, I was around level 60, but right after I installed it, it went back to 38. Is it because of the Anti-afk system? Does is track activity since the plugin was first released?

1 Like

See the newest update:

Since only your hours are saved, thats what happened.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how much I like the new leveling system. It would probably be months before anyone will reach Level 250. I think it should be adjusted a bit more, as it feels a little unbalanced.
And I really want the dog delivered to my house.image

4 Likes

You can have my dog. :dog:

Do you likeā€¦ have school or something. I feel like Iā€™m the only person with school here.

Go to school you kids

1 Like

It may get adjusted again. Donā€™t worry though, since it only tracks hours, if I make an adjustment, your XP will be regained :smiley:

Does the level saves if we leave the studio?

No worries, everything saves when you leave Studio. :relaxed:

2 Likes