Studio Mobile Emulation: Move/Jump buttons missing

When I emulate a device through studio’s device emulation tools in Test tab and Play Solo, the move/jump buttons appear, but as soon as you move your mouse on the screen, they disappear. It appears to act like a normal desktop studio after that, except with the resolution of a device. Context action buttons also appear to not be clickable.

The TouchGui is in the PlayerGui, but Visible is set to false. The mouse cursor also lacks that touch circle that used to show up when emulating.

To reproduce,

1. Open studio (new place) & go to test
  2. Set emulation to iPhone 7 Plus (or any)
  3. Click Play Solo
  4. Move mouse on screen, observe that the buttons disappear.

This bug started happening… maybe a couple weeks ago. It is hard to test my game on mobile now.

4 Likes

This is interesting. It is in our bug tracker FWIW. I’m going to check into it because it seems like an issue in our PlayerScripts where the TouchGui isn’t being re-enabled on touch inputs. Maybe Studio stops sending touch inputs. Time to dig!

2 Likes

Sorry @0xBAADF00D, I already beat you to this one! There was a regression that caused mouse input to be still sent while emulating mobile devices. I submitted a fix for this a few days ago and it should be released next week.

2 Likes

No problem. We also figured out that the list of devices to be emulated have some duplicates that aren’t set to be mobile devices when they should be. Fortunately there’s a fix for this coming from Studio. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks guys! :smiley:

I created my own emulation device (with Mobile checked), and pulled new CoreScripts from Github. It’s all working great! I can test mobile again :smiley:

4 Likes