Studio now has a very thin, hard to read font

Since about today (01/12/2023 NZDT - 11/30/2023 PST) the font in Studio has changed to this very hard to read font.

System Info:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 4070
CPU: Intel Core i7-13700KF (~3.4Ghz)
RAM: 32 GB

2 Likes

I can assure you neither the font or styling of Studio changed today (or even recently). There’s a number of local machine issues that could cause this… display scaling, GPU drivers, ClearType, etc. There’s some ideas to check here.

Yeah it’s weird. I definitely haven’t had any changes on my end either that I’m aware of that would cause this. (Unless it’s some cursed KB from Microsoft that only seems to affect Studio…)

• DPI settings are still the same (no high/custom DPI) - nothing application-specific either.
  • ClearType isn’t the issue here - changing it doesn’t make a difference.
  • GPU drivers have been the same drivers I’ve had for a month
  • Updating said GPU drivers hasn’t resolved the issue either.

Anything related to HDR? Turning on HDR and messing with the display scaling was the only way I could get it to look worse on my own PC… but still couldn’t get it as bad as what you’re seeing!

Neither of my displays support HDR.

If you can try a reinstall - we’ve seen evidence of this being an issue with the installer not loading the fonts correctly.

2 Likes

Yeah reinstalling seemed to fix the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.