Studio opens to a white screen

To me it looks like studio is crashing not to sure why though.

In computing, a crash, or system crash, occurs when a computer program such as a software application or an operating system stops functioning properly - Wikipedia

Crashing can sometimes lead to the specs in your computer or multiple running applications, windows in google, etc.

Here are the required specs to run roblox studio. This was on a documentation by roblox:

• Windows – Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11. For Windows 10 or earlier, you also need Internet Explorer 11 or higher and the latest version of WebView2*. For Windows 8/8.1, you need to run Roblox in Desktop Mode, as Metro Mode isn’t supported.

• macOS – macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) and above.

• Processor – Processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better.

• Memory – 2GB+ of system memory.

• Hard Disk – At least 10GB of available hard disk space after installation.

• Graphics Card – A computer less than 5 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.

Documentation:

I can assure you my specs are not the problem, when studio works I can run over 10 applications without any hiccups. All my drivers are up to date & I’ve tested studio on multiple driver versions, I would say drivers & systems specs are not the issue.

You are somewhat correct in that it does crash, however instead of outright saying that the application crashed, it’s stuck on a constant “Not responding” loop no matter how long I wait

Try reinstalling studio… Maybw that could help…

1 Like

Uninstall then reinstall Roblox Studio. It always work for display bugs.

Bump. Reinstall doesn’t work either. Maybe this needs to be reported under bugs? These are my PC specs:

• OS - Windows 11 22H2
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
  • Memory - 32 GB RAM
  • GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090

I stated in the initial post that reinstalling fixes it for a little while (hours or less) & then does it again.

My full specs:

• OS - Windows 10 21H2
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
  • GPU - AMD Radeon 6900XT
  • Memory - 32GB

Based on alex’s specs, I don’t believe this is a hardware issue

The only thing different in my studio compared to default is the icon set, I’m using Elttob’s Vanilla 3 icons. If you are too maybe this is the issue?

I am! Maybe the new build crashes with custom icons? How should we test this?

cc @alexop1000,

Do you guys have any adaptive sync enabled (G-Sync, FreeSync)? There’s an ongoing awful performance issue with G-Sync, not sure if it’s the case for FreeSync but it’s worth a shot disabling it.

I have it disabled by default so unfortunately can’t be that :frowning:

1 Like

I tried deleting the Vanilla 3 icons folder. Didn’t really do anything.

Try deleting the studio registry key:

This most likely will not work, so try switching the graphics mode as soon as you go into studio.

@SubtotalAnt8185 found and helped me in another thread, but I’ll repost what could be a solution here. @jigwv

Alright, so, it’s working again temporarily at least, and what I did was:

1. Totally uninstall every file, temp file, delete every registry key in SOFTWARE for Roblox/Roblox Corporation. (Uninstall via Windows add/remove applications > delete contents of AppData\Local\Roblox > delete registry values.
  2. Delete the Windows account where Roblox failed.
  3. Restart the computer.
  4. Create a new Windows Account.
  5. Install Roblox Studio on a brand new Windows account (it automatically launches)
  6. Exit before logging in.
  7. Go to the temp/local folder, and run the RobloxStudioBeta.exe from there
  8. Open a game place.
  9. Then I just ran around a world a bit, clicked “play here”, played, saved, and exited.
  10. Closed Studio and reopened (again from RobloxStudioBeta.exe in the AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions…etc, and it did not give me the white screen of death.

Temporary disclaimer: last time I was dealing with this issue it could resolve for a single session, but when I returned to my computer “later” it would have ceased to work. I’ll follow-up again if it’s still working later tonight/tomorrow.

Friend of mine suggested to change the rendering type to Vulkan, I’ve been using this and so far it’s worked. Not sure why however if it ends up doing it again I’ll let you know

1 Like

Alright I’m not sure if I want to delete my windows account, but I can try the registry

How do I do that without going into studio though?

Deleting the registry worked for me. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

First time after reinstall, I just closed it at the login screen. So it does technically launch.

For me doing only the registry trick only worked for like one-time use, but I’m glad that helped you!

Studio Settings > Rendering > Graphics Mode