Sudden change to boat physics

I have two games that have boats, and I have noticed that their physics has suddenly changed and I have no idea why. All the boats utilise a BodyGyro, BodyPosition and BodyVelocity in addition to a vehicle seat to enable players to drive the boats. The boats simply drive along a single plane at a constant vertical elevation, there is no advanced physics such as tilting when turning etc. Now, the boats behaviours have totally changed, they are bouncing up and down when I move forwards and backwards and I am unable to turn. I have looked at all the properties of my boats and nothing is different.

To me, this appears to be something Roblox has changed that has affected my boats behaviours because I have not modified my boats in any way.

Any help as to what the possible causes could be will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

There was a recent roblox update that broke a few things for BodyVelocities and BodyGyros

2 Likes

Does your BodyGyro use an infinite MaxTorque? If so then until this bug gets fixed you can change it to a large yet finite number.

1 Like

Thank you so much Kabutey, I changed it to a large finite number and it works! Hopefully Roblox can address this issue soon to avoid other developer running into similar issues.

1 Like