Suggestion on Roblox Critical Bug Report Formatting

New Users replying to Roblox Critical Bug Reports with “spammy” replies, where all they do is agree with the report is a controversial topic that has been talked about before in this category. New users being able to reply to these posts have their strengths and weaknesses.

This is my proposal on a new format for Roblox Cticial posts, that hopefully solves the problem.

Basically, at the end of the report, have the OP have a drop-down list of a few people who are saying that this is happening to them as well, and limit this list to 10 usernames. The title of the drop-down can be anything, but should include the information to PM the OP if they want to be put on the list, and that there’s a 10 user maximum. (As to not burden the person who originally posted it.)

This:

• Reduces the time it takes for Roblox Staff & Engineers to find people with more meaningful information in a reply.

• Allows Roblox Staff & Engineers to get an easily accessible list of users who they can contact and work with.

It might be a better idea to like the post if someone can confirm the bug. I don’t think it’d be best to have to list people that have experienced the bug. If Roblox Staff and Engineers have to get in contact with people, they’d just do it in the replies, right?

There was a post about this a few days ago. You should’ve had bumped it instead…

Please link me. The only ones I can find are about limiting New Users from replying to ROBLOX Critical posts. This is a suggestion on how to fix that via a new format.

I agree, that’d be better, but new members, including myself, do want to be heard, and likes can be really ambiguous. They can mean you also experience the bug, they can mean you like how the poster went into lots of detail to help staff, etc.

Likes would be better because making a list of affected people is highly unnecessary. If people would like to point something out, not just saying that they are affected by the bug, they should do it in the replies.

1 Like

Alright. I’ll mark you as the solution then. I can’t delete this post, and although highly unlikely I’ll keep it here for future reference.

The ROBLOX CRITICAL tag has been removed. You can read more here.

3 Likes