Suphi's DataStore Module

I currently don’t have time to manage it but if you or @Bloxxy213_DVL want to do it and post the link feel free to

2 Likes

Here you go:

5 Likes

thx, I will make a pull request

1 Like

Suphi’s DataStore Module 1.2 is now live

bug fix -- fixed small edge case when calling ds:Close() would return nil instead of "Success"

This is a drop in replacement when updating from version 1.0/1.1 to 1.2 you don’t need to change anything in your scripts

1 Like

does it automatically update or no? because you put this:

This is a drop in replacement when updating from version x.x to y.y you don’t need to change anything in your scripts

1 Like

In the 2 hours you took to explain everything your module can do, I already learned Datastore2, implemented Datastore2, learned ProfileService to know how good Datastore2 is, read all the documentation for Datastore2 and ProfileService, and had time to fix 5 bugs in my game, none releated to datastores. So why use yours?

2 Likes

you cant auto update it self module, except your doing require(asset_id) not for require(path.module)

3 Likes

Ill soon have a 2 hour video that explains how Datastore2, ProfileService and Suphi's DataStore Module work

Edit* its only 46 min long

16 Likes

Thanks so much for putting in the time and effort to make this module and tutorials! I really like how easy-to-use and elegant the APIs are. And about the videos, they’re awesome – I don’t think length is a problem at all. I watch them at 2x speed, and everything’s still clear. Keep up the great work.

6 Likes

Looks a lot more promising than ProfileService, definitely would be using this in my future projects over ProfileService :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yo suphi just to notify you

2 Likes

SaveDelay is already set to 0 by default because I knew it was getting removed so this change has no effect for SDM

3 Likes

Nice work and creative implementation, thanks for the hard work. Your Youtube videos are also great for developers moving over to the platform who want to understand its quirks!

5 Likes

This seems to be a great DataStore module, so I’ve started using it (instead of ProfileService, which I never set up).

Is there a way to open another player’s profile for viewing only, even if they are in another server (therefore locking their store)? I heard of a way to do this with ProfileService, but I don’t know if there’s a way to do it other than the “queue” that I’ve heard of from your advanced tutorial video.

1 Like

You can use ‘Read’ to view there last saved value but not the value that is cached on the other server

4 Likes

Oh, I see now. That’s pretty easy! :+1:t3:

1 Like

This is an amazing module fr, You are one of the best scirpters if not the best.
Keep it up ! but i got one question : i dont really understand what does these methods really do :Close() :Open() :Destroy().

1 Like

Think of it like a text file

Open() will open the text file
Save() will save the text file
Close() will save then close the text file
Destroy() will save then close then remove the text file from memory

The main 2 that are important are Open() and Destroy() if you watch my basics video it will cover how to use Open() and Destroy()

5 Likes

Alright thank you, but i have last question why would the module cannot open datastore sometimes, cuz in my case it seems not be opening more often.

what does print(ds:Open()) print ??

if it says locked then it means that its open by something else or it failed to close last time
if it says error then Roblox servers might be having problems

1 Like