Support For Nested SoundGroups

Cool!!This will help me a lot in the future!! Great update

Awesome feature that will help a ton of devs, I do have one question tho…

If it is a good idea to set the volume for our SoundGroups to 1, why is the default 0.5?

1 Like

This seems amazing!
So hyped for this update!!

If you’re just using a basic setup without nested SoundGroups 0.5 is a reasonable default because then you can adjust things up and down from the starting point.

3 Likes

nice! will there be anything like playbackloudness for soundgroups except maybe it returns the loudness of the sounds with the applied post processing effects?

But how would you SAVE the audio? You cant do so without bobux…

Finally an update on audio, really needed one, I hope there is more!

But this is incredibly helpful and will save time for me and many others, as well as helpful with organizing sounds, can’t wait for this to roll out!

One thing that I recommend, making audio’s free to publish.

1 Like

Audio is likely to not if ever become something that’s free to upload, the moderation bots have todo much more to moderate audios rather than images/decals

Excellent update!

I don’t know who Marshlands is talking about but BIG thanks to you guys :bowing_woman:t2:, whoever you are!

hopefully we can get new sound effects

This is an amazing update; especially for people who are making settings for separate audio types. You could have a “Master Volume” setting that can apply to all lower volume settings without having to do any awkward code around it. Heck, you could even have a custom reverb system be made in a slightly easier way. :heart_eyes:

I have a good question; it states that it will be available within Roblox Studio starting February 21st without stating it’ll be a beta for it. Is this going to be a beta feature starting February 21st or is it going to be public at that time? Just asking since I am a bit confused about that and nobody else has said anything about it. :thinking:

2 Likes

This is going to be so useful! Great job!

2 Likes

Hey folks, we will actually be enabling this update tomorrow, February 22nd!

2 Likes

On the client as well or just in Studio?

1 Like

We’ll be enabling this for the client as well!

2 Likes

Is this live yet? [character limit]

Nested SoundGroups went live earlier today

4 Likes

Nice. Looking forward to test it out as soon as I get a chance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.