Support for .wav files

Bump.

This would be very handy.

1 Like

Bump. I would like to see this feature.

1 Like

The thing that i do know is that, there is some trusty websites that you can change .wav files into .ogg or .mp3, but still i do work in .wav alot aswell, i would recommend to the roblox dev team to make it possbile.

2 Likes

Tbh I can see a benefit in this.
Might as well add flac support as well (compressed wav, lossless but can save up to 60% disc space).

I like keeping high quality back-ups and sounds on my PC in flac or wav format.

Converting to ogg is usually not an issue for me but it would be a nice quality of life upgrade if Roblox did that during the upload process.

Roblox USED to support wav files if I recall but support was removed for some odd reason.

Anyways, ogg is a pretty common and handy format for sound and music in games, it’s high quality, perceptionally lossless due advanced psychoacoustic lossy encoding algorithms and super small in size.

Not needing to convert flac/wav to ogg though would save me a bit of time.

4 Likes

Stiiiiiill waiting for this… It would save me from converting 200 footstep sounds into ogg’s.

3 Likes

I think the title needs an update. From “Support for .wav files” to “Support for auto-conversions from .wav files to .ogg” sound more accurate. It is misleading as if it says “host .wav files on Roblox platform” which isn’t really great for one reason. The sound format files are humongous relative to the other formats.

2 Likes

Quick tip: Use ffmpeg! It’s very simple to get going and can mass-convert files with the use of scripts.