Support with setting up Rojo

The name has to be a Roblox service, like Workspace for example.

1 Like

Ohh okay, I created a folder named “Workspace”.

1 Like

Great! Now you can add a script inside of Workspace! Try to create a file with the name test.server.lua.

1 Like

Ouu! It worked :smiley: , Yay! What else do I need to do?

1 Like

Now, you can type the script code inside of test.server.lua! All you need to do is open it and type any code you want. Once that’s done hit ctrl+s to save your progress. Then you’ll need to open up roblox studio and sync rojo with studio.
Click on “Start Rojo”

And then go to the plugin window and click in connect.

if everything was done right, a new script called “test” should appear in Workspace, on Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Create folders for Lighting, SoundService, HttpService and ReplicatedStorage. All services mentioned in default.project.json must be present.

1 Like

Ohh! Okay, I will do that now! Thank you, I’ll let you know when I get all of that done and try to sync everything. Thank you for all your help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Again, I’m getting the same error. I spell-checked folders and I’m not sure what else I need to do.

1 Like

You have a “$path”: “src” in your config somewhere telling Rojo that there should be a src folder.

2 Likes

Expanding on what @Oppossome said, you have to create a “src” folder, and move everything else you created except the config file into it. Sorry for forgetting about that detail.

It should look like this (ignore .gitattributes)

1 Like

Would the config file be the default.project.json?

1 Like

Yes, the config file always has to be named default.project.json

1 Like

Whenever I try and create a folder inside, it turns the folder into this.

sf

1 Like

that’s just how vs code displays 2 folders when there’s nothing else between them

3 Likes

Ohhh okay I get it, I had a feeling right as I hit reply that that’s what it meant.

3 Likes

Okay, we’re connected now! Thank you for all your help:) Do I have to move the parent of the script that we created in Workspace since it’s in ReplicatedStorage?

2 Likes

Yeah you should always update the script’s position in the vsc project if you do it in Roblox Studio. By default rojo will delete any scripts that aren’t registered in the project.
I’m glad I was able to help you! Don’t forget to mark the solution!

4 Likes

Okay, one last quick question. When I connected, all of the folders were group up under Workspace in studio. But, in VS it looks like this.

dis

2 Likes

It’s because those folders don’t have anything. In fact, since their path isn’t registered in the config file, you can delete them! Feel free to delete all folders that aren’t being used for anything.

2 Likes

Okay thank you, when I’m done editing scripts should I move them to their folders parent in-game? I hope that makes sense.

2 Likes