SurfaceGuis & BillboardGuis are improperly affected by the fog from the Atmosphere instance

Starting sometime today, SurfaceGuis and BillboardGuis are now improperly affected by the Atmosphere object, causing them to not blend into the scene. I noticed this after I updated studio today.

Reproduction Steps

1. Open up a baseplate in studio
  2. Insert a part and put a SurfaceGui with any kind descendants inside it so you can see the SurfaceGui
  3. Insert an Atmosphere instance into Lighting if you don’t have one
  4. Observe how the SurfaceGui is not affected by the fog from the Atmosphere object

System Information

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor @ 3.95 GHz, 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Visual Aids

7 Likes

I noticed this yesterday and they also get darker the further away they get. The darkness issue is resolved when the Atmosphere instance is removed.

2 Likes

They act like beams now, I hope they fix them too.

1 Like

Obviously, the bug should be fixed, however I would love it if it were to be used as an opportunity to implement it as an actual feature, similar to the LightInfluence property.

This would solve a couple of problems I’ve come across in the past which meant I had to choose whether I should use an atmosphere within my game.

It seems the issue’s been fixed, for anyone wondering.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.