Swagger docs are no longer available on most, but not all subdomains

I am using https://auth.roblox.com/ for CSRF tokens, and it’s returning a 404 :frowning:
This is affecting my services!

3 Likes

You can observe the same 404 on https://roblox.com/admin or https://gold.roblox.com. I assume that this 404 is presented by another software rather than Swagger. Just a miscellaneous observation I made

Thanks for the report, the team is aware of this and will update when we have a resolution.

12 Likes

FYI, independent of the docs outage, this is bad practice and likely would likely be impacted by the Account Session Protection flags if the request also passes the cookie.

CSRF headers are visible on every endpoint that requires them, use retry logic and hold on to the CSRF token in the HTTP 403 response til the next failure.

Some day, I really should update noblox.js to do this properly, since I feel like our archaic carryover implementation of getGeneralToken has led to this widespread (bad) practice.

2 Likes

We used this route as we could not find a feasible fix during development for it’s use. If we do ever redo this system however, I will keep this in mind.

Add an additional / to access the docs, until they fix it.

e.g. https://assetdelivery.roblox.com//docs/index.html see the two //

11 Likes

All of the following URLs are affected, and upon adding a doubled slash “//” it seems to fix it

API Endpoints Description
abtesting.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for the A/B Testing framework
accountinformation.roblox.com/docs All endpoints for accessing/modifying account information
accountsettings.roblox.com/docs All endpoints for account/user settings
adconfiguration.roblox.com/docs Roblox Ad Configuration related endpoints
ads.roblox.com/docs Ads configuration endpoints
assetdelivery.roblox.com/docs Serves asset content
Authentication Api All endpoints that tamper with authentication sessions
avatar.roblox.com/docs Endpoints relating to the customization of player avatars
badges.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for badges and badge awards management
billing.roblox.com/docs Real money transactions and interaction
catalog.roblox.com/docs Catalog items browsing and searching. Content and user based catalog items recommendations
chat.roblox.com/docs All chat and party related endpoints
clientsettings.roblox.com/docs Used by various Roblox clients to retrieve configuration information
clientsettingscdn.roblox.com/docs Used by various Roblox clients to retrieve configuration information
client-telemetry.roblox.com/docs Handles client telemtry
contentstore.roblox.com/docs ApiSite to front the TemporaryStore for files before uploading to S3
contacts.roblox.com/docs Contacts and userTag management
develop.roblox.com/docs Game development configuration endpoints
economy.roblox.com/docs Endpoints related to transactions and currency
economycreatorstats.roblox.com/docs Roblox.EconomyCreatorStats.Api endpoints.
engagementpayouts.roblox.com/docs For engagement-based payout information
ephemeralcounters.api.roblox.com/docs Handles ephemeral counters
followings.roblox.com/docs Establishes follow relationship between subscriber entities (users, groups, etc) and source entities (games, groups, assets, etc.)
friends.roblox.com/docs Friends, followers, and contacts management
gameinternationalization.roblox.com/docs Manages internationalization of games such as translating in game content.
gamejoin.roblox.com/docs All endpoints around launching a game
gamepersistence.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for the in-game datastore system for storing data for games
games.roblox.com/docs All endpoints for game discovery, and details
groups.roblox.com/docs Groups management
groupsmoderation.roblox.com/docs Group Moderation
inventory.roblox.com/docs All endpoints for viewing (but not granting) ownership of items
itemconfiguration.roblox.com/docs Configure Items (bundles and avatar assets)
lms.roblox.com/docs Status of the Latency Management Service
locale.roblox.com/docs User locale management
localizationtables.roblox.com/docs Handles managing of localization tables
metrics.roblox.com/docs Record metrics across Roblox
notifications.roblox.com/docs All notification stream endpoints
points.roblox.com/docs The web Api for the in-game PointsService
premiumfeatures.roblox.com/docs This API is for premium features and anything pertaining to account add ons
presence.roblox.com/docs All endpoints for managing presence
privatemessages.roblox.com/docs All messages page endpoints
publish.roblox.com/docs All endpoints handling file uploads
realtime.roblox.com/docs Purpose of API here
share.roblox.com/docs Purpose of Api here
search.roblox.com/docs Legacy item search endpoints.
textfilter.roblox.com/docs High volume text filtering
thumbnails.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for requesting thumbnails
thumbnailsresizer.roblox.com/docs Validate and resize thumbnails to requested dimensions
trades.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for trading collectible items
translationroles.roblox.com/docs Manages translation roles of developers in game localization
translations.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for requesting translations
twostepverification.roblox.com/docs Platform interface for the two step verification system
usermoderation.roblox.com/docs Endpoints for performing actions/operations related to User Moderation
users.roblox.com/docs APIs for direct Roblox user information.
voice.roblox.com/docs APIs for Voice calls
8 Likes

Can confirm adding a double forward slash is a workaround for now.
https://groups.roblox.com//docs/index.html works
https://groups.roblox.com/docs/index.html 404

4 Likes

The documentation has moved here: https://create.roblox.com/docs/cloud/legacy

The new pages list all API documentation that was previously available via direct docs URLs on the respective API sites, to the best of our knowledge. Please let us know if anything is missing that was available before.

You can find all these APIs in the left navigation. It also calls out on the overview page certain APIs that you can hit with legacy OAuth 2.0 / API key scopes instead of with a cookie.

:warning: Please rely on this new documentation page instead of the old documentation URLs since we cannot offer guarantees that the old URLs will stay available, including any variation (like the double slash workaround), for involved technical reasons.

:mega: While we do our best to alert you of breaking changes, please note that these legacy APIs may change without notice and break your application and do not have the stability guarantees of the newer Open Cloud APIs.

We especially discourage using the endpoints that only take cookie authentication as much as feasible for your use case, as cookies do not offer fine-grained authorization via scopes.

:bulb: We are looking into improvements to the new documentation pages, like having a way to download the openAPI JSON for each surface, and we are investigating what it would take to support “try out”-esque features on this page.

You can let us know here or by filing a new bug report or feature request if you have any feedback, questions or concerns. We’ll do our best to take that into account for any changes we plan to the documentation.

8 Likes

Although the new pages look great, I sometimes use the v0 APIs as it includes info that you often have to get on lots of other APIs, are there any plans to remove them?

Can you let me know which API sites you are talking about?

Can I DM you? It’s prob easier aha

1 Like

Confirmed in private messages that for maintenance reasons, we are not going to document the V0 endpoints on the Legacy APIs page and highly recommend not to use these endpoints going forward anymore. The swagger docs for the V0 endpoints have not been exposed for several years.

2 Likes

This is not always feasible for a couple of reasons right now. Is an eventual goal of Roblox to support all use cases for cookie authenticated endpoints via OpenCloud, or are some endpoints going to stay cookie-only (and presumably eventually get deprecated)?

The reason for the statement you quote is that we cannot officially encourage using endpoints with cookie authentication for new use cases, especially for the cases where there are also Open Cloud alternatives already which can be used today, which I hope you can appreciate. It’s not feasible for us to provide stability guarantees on these endpoints, and cookie authentication is not scoped properly in terms of permissions.

We fully understand that you all have certain tooling live right now that use these endpoints for valid reasons and it’s not our intent to break that, and we want to make sure that we properly support you with Open Cloud support. The current change only affects how/where we store swagger documentation for legacy APIs. Nothing else about our stance has changed.

3 Likes

will only the new role system get opencloud support, or are you eventually planning to add the legacy role system as well? (for groups)

This seems off-topic to swagger documentation. Could you start a new topic or private message me with more details?

ok, i might sound a bit uneducated on the topic for asking this but im a environmental designer after all, tho i will shoot my shot.

Ive been searching for documents about all the endpoints but i cant really seem to find a reliable list of all of them.
Even when i search up the swagger, not everything is always listed.

like this one
https://apis.roblox.com/developer-products/v1/universes/53603958/developerproducts?pageNumber=1&pageSize=50

I cant seem to find any swagger docs for it

I used to frequently rely on the “try it out” functionality, would really like to see this back soon.

1 Like

We have never exposed docs for specifically apis.roblox.com, this change only covers migration of documentation for API sites ([product name].roblox.com/docs, where product name is not “apis”).

I recommend creating a new topic if legacy endpoint documentation for apis.roblox.com is important to you and what kind of use cases are not possible without having the endpoints that that domain serves (and assuming there are no Open Cloud replacements for those endpoints yet).

1 Like